Miami game cancelled

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
You are probably right, but I would not be disappointed to see a change in one, if not both, coordinators.
CDP has shown improvement.

Thacker-not so much. You would’ve thought we could be a little more creative with blitzing with a more senior secondary.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
The sports news media guys are saying we canceled because of injuries. They say there is no Covid issue. I didn’t even know that was a thing - we could have canceled 2015!

I'm willing to bet when the guidlines were put in place for this year it didn't specify that the reason had to be covid or else those guidlines wouldn't apply. Wouldn't make much sense to allow a team to not play because they only had 55 players because of a covid outbreak but turn around and force another team to play with only 55 players for other reasons.

Jazzchaz

Jolly Good Fellow
I went to a game in 1980 where we were down to our tight end playing QB. We won
over Notre Dame 3-3. They were the number 1 team. Move Tobias to back up and play the game.
That was the same Notre Dame team that lost to USC 20-3 and then Georgia weaseled into playing them in the Sugar Bowl. This after Georgia's season of playing opponents with a combined record of 44-66-1. If I recall, Notre Dame lost a kickoff in the lights of the Superdome and Georgia fell on the ball in the end zone for a TD.
The team with the best record was South Carolina at 8-3, with wins over Pacific, Wichita State, and The Citadel. (who knew they were so far ahead of their time with scheduling!). I apologize for steering off topic, but as much as those clowns snicker at our 1990 season, I figure any post exposing Georgia U is welcome.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I'm glad this is how things turned out. Sure, I'd have liked to see us play one more game, especially since we did beat da U last year. But there's no real point to it. Send the players home (or not, depending) and get ready for next year.

I expect we'll do better in 2021; the schedule is much less demanding and the players will have an actual fall practice to get ready. One problem is that young men their age will be pretty far down the vaccination line and there may not be enough people vaccinated to give us that long-sought herd immunity by spring. This could make spring sports and spring practice still dicey; indeed, that's what I'm expecting. But maybe things will work out. Hope so.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
This is not a bad look for GT. Most schools have dealt the the same issue. If it doesn't make sense to the medical staff, coaches, and administration for these kids (yes they are kids and not professionals) to play then i am all for it.