@Miami, Baseball

How many games will GT win @Miami? (Assume 3 games played)

Votes: 4 16.0%

Votes: 2 8.0%

Votes: 10 40.0%

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Still no Compton. Giesler are 3rd, he sure plays a lot of IF positions.

Catcher is Minnick. Interesting. Lovett in rf for D? He's working his way to a regular starter.

Hope we get Schmolke 3.0 / twice through the order with 0 runs and he's pulled. Let's not keep him in till he's shelled.

1682116149290.png

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Still no Compton. Giesler are 3rd, he sure plays a lot of IF positions.

Catcher is Minnick. Interesting. Lovett in rf for D? He's working his way to a regular starter.

Hope we get Schmolke 3.0 / twice through the order with 0 runs and he's pulled. Let's not keep him in till he's shelled.

View attachment 14315
CDH said Lovett for “extra
LH bat”. Not working yet

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
On a positive note… Great pitching day. Happy to see it even if it might be too late. Absolutely need to win the next 2

Since before the VT series, I've lost the expectation of going to the NCAAs and will be pleasantly surprised if we do. Seems like the best way to make the situation positive.

Unfortunately, we wouldn't make the ACC participation tourney either today. We are 7-12 and Clemson is 7-9. And Clemson won @NC State last night and is playing much better.

I think today's game with Busse starting will be interesting to see how far he goes. Schmolke had a really good game yesterday and is coming along nicely for next year.

And I also think Lovett in rf is a defensive upgrade since he seems to get a better jump on the ball and seems to have more speed.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't any way this gets turned around & a selection to big tournament happens.

Last night was a great pitching performance from Schmolke & Finateri. Outstanding. Unfortunately, it was met with either 1) a better one out of Miami or 2) the O (& D) failed the good pitching ... or both.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Miami’s right-handed pitchers Gage Ziehl and Andrew Walters were outstanding in their win over our team, 4-2, last night on Miami’s Bark in the Park Night.

I watched the game on TV. The dogs were cute.

Speaking about Ziehl, Miami coach Gino DiMare said, “Maybe our best performance by a starter this year. He got ahead. He got his breaking ball to work really well. He got a lot of swing and misses, got a lot of early contact, quick innings, and was extremely efficient.”

Boy. I just wish our team has a pitcher like him. And Walters as a closer, too.

Oh well. Today is a new day! Let’s try again tonight.