Miami ATL chart

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Again, the main thing here for me is that Minihan, Smith, Maye, and Morgan are listed. We need to get these people on the field in the worst way. Let's hope that some of them (*cough* Morgan *cough*) have recovered enough to play consistently.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
Quick review of the class disbursement on the chart:

Starters (last week):
Sr: 3 (13.6%)
Jr: 5 (22.7%)
So: 10 (45.5%)
Fr: 4 (18.2%)

Total ATL:
Sr: 8 (13.6%)
Jr: 13 (22.0%)
So: 17 (28.8%)
Fr: 21 (35.6%)

Nearly half our starters last week were sophomores. Also, the upperclassmen (Sr & Jr) only account for a little over a third of the ATL Chart.

Sidewalking

Banned
Quick review of the class disbursement on the chart:

Starters (last week):
Sr: 3 (13.6%)
Jr: 5 (22.7%)
So: 10 (45.5%)
Fr: 4 (18.2%)

Total ATL:
Sr: 8 (13.6%)
Jr: 13 (22.0%)
So: 17 (28.8%)
Fr: 21 (35.6%)

Nearly half our starters last week were sophomores. Also, the upperclassmen (Sr & Jr) only account for a little over a third of the ATL Chart.

I've been down this path in prior seasons. It's hard to project much from these numbers when we are losing terribly. Yes more mature football players tend to be better than they were as fresh/sophomores. How many of our young guns will make all conf this year or pre-season all conf next year? I'm not saying they wont improve as a group but I don't think there is much reason to expect drastic gains. Great players stand out from day one. Even if they don't play as freshmen you hear about them and their future potential. We have one player I can think of off the top of my head that fits this bill right now.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
I've been down this path in prior seasons. It's hard to project much from these numbers when we are losing terribly. Yes more mature football players tend to be better than they were as fresh/sophomores. How many of our young guns will make all conf this year or pre-season all conf next year? I'm not saying they wont improve as a group but I don't think there is much reason to expect drastic gains. Great players stand out from day one. Even if they don't play as freshmen you hear about them and their future potential. We have one player I can think of off the top of my head that fits this bill right now.
I think if you watch our team you see flashes of greatness from almost everywhere but you also see a lot of mistakes likely due to a combination of youth and coaching transition. I will say I don't see much potential currently on the field for OL or DL but there are playmakers almost everywhere else. On D you have at least Tre Swilling, Tariq Carpenter, Charlie Thomas, and even Juanyeh (although I think his arm injury is limiting him this year). On O you have Mason, Griffen, Brown, Sanders, Carter, and Oliver. I would also argue Graham who to me has shown a lot improvement already.

I would not be surprised if we roll off a few unexpected wins in the second half of the season as these players (and coaches) develop and get more comfortable.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
He just tweeted "this ain't it"

Very cryptic and anyone can take that however they want.

"this ain't it" playing WR?
"this ain't it" as in this ain't the best they can play?

Who knows. These kids and their tweets

Keep in mind that in addition to being a football player, he’s also a college student with a life outside the game. There’s a solid chance that tweet has nothing to do with football.