Mess of a start again

thocut

Jolly Good Fellow
In the last series alone I saw Chamberlain, Joe, and Skov all allow guys to get into the backfield untouched. The defense outside of Gotsis and Gray has looked inept. Don't see how we're gonna improve enough on either side of the ball to beat anyone except maybe Pitt or Virginia the rest of the year.

Scubapro

Banned
I like Roof...but bend but dont break has been broken...we they are gonna have to sell out and knock the receivers off their routs...the Clemzin O is predicated on timing. We have to interrupt that timing... Deeshawn could throw with his eyes closed right now.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Meanwhile, Navy is trailing Notre Dame at the half, 24-21. Clearly Navy is a much better team than GT this year.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Meanwhile, Navy is trailing Notre Dame at the half, 24-21. Clearly Navy is a much better team than GT this year.
I doubt it, but they probably execute better on offense than us this year. Plus that is basically a rivalry game. Navy plays them well almost every year now

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
CPJ worst job as CEO of GT football in many years.....
We know his offense works and is effective with the proper players as seen last year. However unless recruiting becomes more consistent his offense wont stay hot year on year at Tech.

jacob

Banned
We know his offense works and is effective with the proper players as seen last year. However unless recruiting becomes more consistent his offense wont stay hot year on year at Tech.
The thing is everybody's offense works with the right players. It's the great coaches that can work with what they have. Cpj isn't a great coach.

Declinometer

Banned
You have to be able to throw the ball and I don't want to hear that we lost Smelter and Waller crap. We have Summers back and it is making zero difference. JT's foot work is not good.

GTHOSCHTON

Jolly Good Fellow
Well the radio guys am listening to are dying how the Clemson DC was telling them that the GT running backs telegraph the plays and everyone know this

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
I just don't see how we can win another game this season at this rate, the offense is getting no where anymore, special teams is horrific, and the D is tired out. Wondering also if PJ's job will be on the line this season as well

I don't see CPJ's job on the line unless 2016 is a below-.500 season, and at this point I'm expecting a 2-10 or 3-9 record for this season; last season bought plenty of good will, all of which will be consumed by this season.

Standard-issue bewildered- fan venting (therapy) to follow, stream of unconsciousness, feel free to ignore . . .

The unusual number of injuries to skill-position players for a team with little depth to begin with is a legit mitigating factor for this dumpster fire season, but that's about it. The experienced o-line's decline is a mystifying disappointment to this mere fan. Special teams coordinator Ray Rychleski is no newcomer to football, and it's not like he's been the one making horrid snaps to the punter, shanking punts, or screwing up kick return coverage, but -- he'll probably be let go unless all those squads play perfectly the final six games. (Yeah, insert laughter here.) While the defense has had some good moments this season, nonetheless for a rather experienced bunch they too have been increasingly disappointing, and -- just like the first half of last season -- I wonder why Roof isn't being more aggressive.

As an outsider looking in, I also can't help but wonder and fear if there's a defeatist "self-fulfilling prophecy" mentality setting in among a majority of the players, compounded by a lack of real vocal leaders to snap them out of the funk.

Finally, I don't believe CPJ has faced a season like this, several years deep into a tenure and immediately after a successful season, whether as OC at Georgia Southern or Hawaii, or as HC at Georgia Southern or Navy. He hasn't suddenly forgotten how to coach after all those years, most of them successful. Gotta be uncharted waters for him, and the navigation better improve soon.

Well: Today's game is essentially over at halftime. There are six and half "scrimmages" left in the season. Here's hoping the coaches, and the players who wish to play and to improve, make the most of them. If the team goes 2-10 or 3-9 but improves, particularly all those true and RS frosh getting thrown in the fire -- ok, I'll still look to next season with some hope. If CPJ wants to use the remainder of the season primarily for player development (and secondarily for some offensive and defensive experimentation) instead of pulling out all the stops for sake of getting up to 5-7 or 6-6, fine by me.

Meanwhile, Navy only trails Notre Dame 21-24 at halftime.

~sigh~

Venting therapy complete.

2-10 is looking about right. NEVER should have coach stubborn the extension. He deserved a raise for last season but not a GD extension. This is the beginning of his downfall and I think he is gone at the end of 2017. New coach and new uniforms entering 2018.

Can't wait for that year to come !!