Mercer

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
We are favored by Warren Nolan to win 9-8. https://www.warrennolan.com/baseball/2024/team-predict-schedule?team=Georgia-Tech

Warren Nolan also projects we'll go 6-24 in the ACC. Gawd that would be miserable. We WILL do better than that. Any place I can bet on doing better?
He predicts we will go 1-9 on ACC weekend match-ups including several sweeps by our opponents. Our lousy RPI is not helping here. But I think sweeps are very hard to achieve so I think some of that is overstated. I do think getting to 500 with all of the ACC ranked opponents will be a challenge.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He predicts we will go 1-9 on ACC weekend match-ups including several sweeps by our opponents. Our lousy RPI is not helping here. But I think sweeps are very hard to achieve so I think some of that is overstated. I do think getting to 500 with all of the ACC ranked opponents will be a challenge.

Getting to 500 in ACC play will not be enough to go to NCAAs. Need to be at least 2 and maybe 4 over. We have close to a 200 rpi and need to get above 45.

Best case about 14-16. Most likely is probably 11-19 right now with our pitching.

Regardless, just win today.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
We are favored by Warren Nolan to win 9-8. https://www.warrennolan.com/baseball/2024/team-predict-schedule?team=Georgia-Tech

Warren Nolan also projects we'll go 6-24 in the ACC. Gawd that would be miserable. We WILL do better than that. Any place I can bet on doing better?
I was looking through some threads from this board last season, trying to remember what we were saying at this point last season. One of the posts was a prediction from Warren Nolan that Wake Forest was going to finish the season at 58-1 or some sort of number like that. I think it's safe to say that Warren Nolan's computer doesn't have a good understanding of the variableness involved in a baseball game.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Nice win on the road! Ballard is legit. I really like our starting rotation this year, but the bullpen really needs to get sorted out. It looks like Jones and McKee are the only ones that can be trusted right now to consistently get outs. I like Stanford and Gaudette's stuff but they struggled tonight.
Pleased about Ballard. Not happy to see the weakness elsewhere. Even Jones got lit up by UGa. Not sure where we go after our starters.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Pleased about Ballard. Not happy to see the weakness elsewhere. Even Jones got lit up by UGa. Not sure where we go after our starters.
I don't put that uga one on Jones. He pitched well until he got tired in the 9th after he pitched the day before when he shouldn't have. We didn't have anybody we could go to after him though, and Hall pretty much had to leave him in for the 9th.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
It is a little difficult (for me) to judge the bullpen much when they enter with big cushions. Getting balls in play is top priority with a big lead (like tonight).

So... another problem with a weak schedule & lots of big leads early... is getting a chance to see the no-kidding bullpen plan AND what those guys will do when they need to be really good. [If that makes sense?]

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
I don't put that uga one on Jones. He pitched well until he got tired in the 9th after he pitched the day before when he shouldn't have. We didn't have anybody we could go to after him though, and Hall pretty much had to leave him in for the 9th.
Is it Hall though, or is it our new pitching coach trying to overly rely on an arm that he is familiar with from his days as a pitching coach at Georgia State?

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
I like #2 a lot but not certain in the closer role.

Is Busse no longer an option to pitch as he doesn't even warm up.
I like Riley and Gaudette even though both struggled last night. It's a shame that Carson didn't get the shutout as the kid was outstanding.
I really like our Saturday, Sunday, and Midweek starters. Friday night has got to get fixed.

If it doesn't, may be time to put the freshman in that role. Tate.

Offensively
Parker has gone from 9 hole hitter to 7 hole and soon this kid will move on up to the top of the batting order.
I like what Carson is starting to do. It'll be interesting how he fares against #13 nc state. Solid Glove too

I like our lineup overall, but will our big man make it back this year.

Warren Nolan's prediction of tech at 6-24 in the acc is completely absurd.

Last edited:

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
The missing bullpen piece should be Hill. McGuire Finateri McKee and Ballard…there is the rotation heading into ACC play. Can’t give up so many runs in the first inning of a Friday night or we Mailhot not even win nine games