Mercer

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Weather looks good (or not too bad) tonight. Maybe warm showers but nothing big.

Mercer is pretty good. They are 11-1 and have played all 12 games @Mercer. They had an rpi of 61 last year and are picked to come in second in Southern Conference behind Wofford.

@Mercer beat FSU 6-5 last Tuesday. Scored two B9 to tie and 1 in B11. Their projected started, Bryon Lobus, got roughed up by FSU as shown below

1646740963421.png

Here are some Game Note stats - Wiley on WREK and the game on ESPN+. These guys steal a lot successfully 14-14. Plus lots of power. A better ERA but worse D. Of course, I think our SOS is higher than theirs, but they aren't easy.
1646740928351.png

1646740684767.png

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Walk off loss. Mercer deserved the win. Played very well.
I thought we played pretty well too. I'm not too disappointed by this loss.

I am a little tired of seeing McNamee and Mannelly come in for tight situations already though. They really need to pick it up.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I thought maybe Dawson Brown could be our closer. Or Bartnicki with his stuff.

Now, I don't see a closer anywhere. Guys with good stuff are VERY inconsistent, and the guys who don't have great stuff don't seem to be able to get the job done. McNamee and Mannelly both have ERAs over 8. Bartnicki is right up there as well.

Who's our closer? Need to figure that out ASAP.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I thought maybe Dawson Brown could be our closer. Or Bartnicki with his stuff.

Now, I don't see a closer anywhere. Guys with good stuff are VERY inconsistent, and the guys who don't have great stuff don't seem to be able to get the job done. McNamee and Mannelly both have ERAs over 8. Bartnicki is right up there as well.

Who's our closer? Need to figure that out ASAP.
Brown. He has been very good this year. I was hoping that Hall would leave him in to get out of the 9th, but he went with Mannelly.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well, time for pay back for 5-4 loss on 3/8.

Mercer is very good 31-5 (yes 5 losses). Their SoS has been doable at 154, but since they've won so much they are at 24 RPI.

On a 12 game winning streak.

Don't know who is starting for us as I didn't see game notes for game tonight. But they score lots of runs like us. They are 19th in D1 baseball at .307 BA (we are third at .323). They are 7th in OBP at .426!!! and we are 10th at .421.

Mercer is 17th in ERA with a 3.79. We are closer to 6.

Warren Nolan has two methods of guessing the outcome, one has us winning by a run and the other losing by a run .......... time to play good defense, throw strikes and keep up the caveman offense.

1650370112542.png

1650369330108.png

1650369428467.png

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Great win only giving up 2 runs to such a high powered offense. Many good pitching performances. Finateri struggled but the rest were very good. Hope springs eternal.
1650417066711.png

Caveman offense with Reid coming back super big. When we loaded the bases in second and didn't score with one out, didn't feel like we'd get the caveman clubs out.
1650417151301.png

And there were some really nice defensive plays.

Feel good game against a very good team.