Mercer Lineup changes to come

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't be surprised to see 10+ straight called dives on our first drive. CPJ made it very clear he want's them to "come off the ball." In fact, he said he was "gonna make it real simple for them...." Boys, we're about to see the most vanilla of offense come Sat. It could be real fun to watch if we're steam rollin' 'em. On the other hand...

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
Well I know very little about the xs and os and I definitely saw flashes from mills but it just seemed to me that MM is the man. Surprised me that he didn't play more.

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't understand how nobody is talking about how well MM was doing when he was in there. Then DM makes a good run and fumbles. I realize DM must be better at other things, but MM seems to have the best vision from the BBack spot. I want DM to keep getting PT but I would like to see MM get just as much as DM.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't understand how nobody is talking about how well MM was doing when he was in there. Then DM makes a good run and fumbles. I realize DM must be better at other things, but MM seems to have the best vision from the BBack spot. I want DM to keep getting PT but I would like to see MM get just as much as DM.

from listening to coach, it seems that MM's blocking is too much of a liability to keep in there for an extended about of time. i agree with the assessment that MM looks good running the ball. I guess we will see how the season progresses with both backs.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
It seems that we were using an AB more in a wide slot with long motion when MM started moving the ball from BB. Maybe this pre-snap formation moved a defender out of the box? Also we seemed to be running the BB a little wider, more off tackle starting the second half when we were having some BB success. Or maybe the blocking improved? Or maybe MM was seeing the holes better? Its hard to compare MM and DM with all those variables and such a small sample.