• 70 to <80%

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • 80 % or over

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
First off, start got changed from 4 to1 PM. Weather looks nice @ 66F and sunny :) Game purported to be ACCN.

Second, Mercer just swept Jackson State by a combined score of 33-0. Jackson State isn't elite but they had an rpi of 121st in 2020. So not a rollover.

Third, Hall said we'd start Finley(RHP) or Mannely (LHP). No idea who they are starting. But their next weekend series against Southern Illinois isn't conference so we may see some of their best pitchers if the game is close. Best not to make it close. (tic)

Finally, here's the D1 write-up
1614038110132.png

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I took 70-80% since I think we'd win 7-8 games in a 10 game home mid-week series.

I'm also **hoping** that our bats come alive with RISP. We have some players who haven't had much production and **hopefully** that will change with more baseball weather type day.

But like many talent laden opponents we'll play this year, if we play like we did on Saturday, we'll be embarrassed.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Perhaps I should have read your post on the D1 write-up before voting...

But would still vote 80%+. If at Mercer, perhaps lower. But need to take care of business at home midweek.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
I think EKU is a pretty good team. However we still made a lot of mistakes - particularly walks, errors, and leaving a lot of runners on base. We need to clean a lot of that up fast - Mercer is a competent team and the next two weekends are against two of the top teams in conference.

That said I think we should still win. Gonna be 70s and sunny, perfect day for baseball

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
I think EKU is a pretty good team. However we still made a lot of mistakes - particularly walks, errors, and leaving a lot of runners on base. We need to clean a lot of that up fast - Mercer is a competent team and the next two weekends are against two of the top teams in conference.

That said I think we should still win. Gonna be 70s and sunny, perfect day for baseball
EKU is a solid team. Or was last year before the shutdown. Looked solid against us this weekend. We'll see how they perform this year. I hope they win the rest of their regular season games, now that they're in the rear view mirror.

Definitely need to clean things up to beat Mercer. They've had a very good team over the years. Kyle Lewis winning the AL Rookie of the Year Award shows the talent they can have on their team.

Our first 2 ACC series are against the 2 teams that most have winning the conference. So, we have an opportunity to make an early statement, or have to dig out of an early hole. Miami made an early statement against Florida, so hopefully we can do the same.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Midweek games are such a crap shoot even for for good teams before they show proven pitching depth on their staff. So I’m putting 50-60% just because we’re going to out-talent them. But depends on the pitching. All the non-P5 teams in GA are solid and more than capable of knocking us off once or twice in a midweek series over the course of a season.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We have seen Finley and Mannely. I would like to see Grissom start.

I think we're more likely to see him in a short relief role. We don't have to throw him into the fire like X.

That said, I would have expected to have seen him over the weekend if he was ok. We threw 13 separate pitchers last weekend.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
Nice to see us beat down on an opponent we should beat down on.
I missed that the game got moved. Saw your comment, checked the score and saw the beginning of something scary in the box score.

I managed to turn on the game just in time to watch a single pitch by Luke to end the game.