Memory lane

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Guess I all ways liked the way the excitement would build prior to kickoff at Grant Field...tech runs out of the locker room in wonderful looking crisp and clean unis and then.........the grey fox in a suit and hat and white socks and coaching shoes and sunglasses made his appearance..........slow long strides and then he looked up at west stands and adjusted his sunglasses.......crowd would go wild.......then he goes to a coaching chair with small table takes off his coat and sits down while the game is going on...................course I though he was crazy since he was not on sidelines jumping up and down but he sat there for a half vs Aubie and then in third quarter when it got tight......he got up whispered a play in and tech made big gain and the.......he set back down........Dodd knew how to coach the coaches.....still see those legs crossed and how cool he was just watching the game..............

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Fish game vs ND. Goose 3-0. All memorable.
The best was sitting in Sanford watching Shawn Jones destroy UGA.
Yep Munson still rings in my ears...they are running all over us and we cant stop them..........wonderful post.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
Goose taking it to the house in Athens on the option and watching the place empty out in the third quarter.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Lots of great memories from my years as a fan but the absolute, #1 was the '14 ACCCG. I had made the promise to my son when he moved to Nashville that we would make the trip to Charlotte. I could not physically go 2 years ago (health scare) but the part one we made, had a ball and enjoyed one tremendous football game!!!!

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
"Boy, just way too much of that big offensive line for Georgia Tech... Just has our defensive line on skates."

I can never hear that too many times.
That one's a thing of beauty. The first time I heard that--overlaid on the tv broadcast-- I couldn't believe my ears.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
"Boy, just way too much of that big offensive line for Georgia Tech... Just has our defensive line on skates."

I can never hear that too many times.
We cant stop them.......later on he said and they have most of this crowd back next year..........one thing abouta Munson he did call the shots right on this team.........anybody who says you cant get good players at Tech just needs to look at the guys on this team.......they were good everywhere.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We cant stop them.......later on he said and they have most of this crowd back next year..........one thing abouta Munson he did call the shots right on this team.........anybody who says you cant get good players at Tech just needs to look at the guys on this team.......they were good everywhere.
My quote was from the 2014 game. It was not Munson.

GTL

Jolly Good Fellow
My favorite was in the 4th quarter of the UGA game when we've marched down the field, cramming down their throats one play after another, one of the TV announcers says, with awe and wonder in his voice, "Now, that's big boy football right there!"

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
2013 game against the tar hells was a great one. The rain kinda sucked, but most of my family was at the game. The unc fans thought they had the game won but of course they didn't, it was great watching the annoying fans leave early and walk the walk of shame.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
1999 UGA game, Freshman year. Thanks, Jasper!
2004 Clemson game. One of the wildest endings I've ever seen, and payback for the Woody Dantzler show in 2001.
2014 UGA game. The swings of emotion in the game were exhausting. Didn't fall asleep until 3:00 AM because I just couldn't believe what I saw.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
My quote was from the 2014 game. It was not Munson.
Funny he was saying allmost the same thing in 1990 and it was still fun to hear him talk about the whipping we were giving them........sure sounded like Munson when I read it but again its a great line..good job.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Funny he was saying allmost the same thing in 1990 and it was still fun to hear him talk about the whipping we were giving them........sure sounded like Munson when I read it but again its a great line..good job.
I wish there were more seasons where that quote was relevant.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
You just may hear it again this fall, our OL is gonna be a beast again.
Good news but my friend what is on the other side is what worries me.....plus we need a upgrade in rush defense but its early and after being a tech fan for over sixty years I always see the glass as half empty until the games start..JT is key.If he is good we are going to be good but would like to see more defense.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Good news but my friend what is on the other side is what worries me.....plus we need a upgrade in rush defense but its early and after being a tech fan for over sixty years I always see the glass as half empty until the games start..JT is key.If he is good we are going to be good but would like to see more defense.
The DL excites me more than the OL, Mack. The OL just needs to maintain, the DL needs to improve, as you say, and it will, I'm sure of it. The addition of JHD alone makes it so, but we're also adding Whitehead and we get the maturity of Freeman, Gotsis, Gamble and Kallon. As Freeman said in a recent interview, these guys won't be learning the scheme, they'll be fine tuning it and they'll be another year stronger, as well.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
The DL excites me more than the OL, Mack. The OL just needs to maintain, the DL needs to improve, as you say, and it will, I'm sure of it. The addition of JHD alone makes it so, but we're also adding Whitehead and we get the maturity of Freeman, Gotsis, Gamble and Kallon. As Freeman said in a recent interview, these guys won't be learning the scheme, they'll be fine tuning it and they'll be another year stronger, as well.
Hope you are right but we need to remember that folks on the other side of the ball have plenty coming back too..........course give me the breaks we got(and they were earned) and decent year out of JT and we will be fine.....just dont like the idea of guys hunkering down and running right at us or taking time to throw the football.......yes we got better at end but we need to continue and I think we will..........this may be the year where we have better players than we ever have in a long time but playing so much better opponents.........we shall see soon thank goodness.take care