Meeting with Phil Lewicki. Marketing ideas for GT Basketball?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Do what it takes - short of murder or anything else illegal - to get some "scorers/shooters" so we can win the ACC regularly!

Tell the ACC we don't want 9PM games Sunday - Thursday nights.

Some of us have to/ choose to be at work by 7AM.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Carolina Hurricanes have a program where on dates/times that it makes sense they will bring in local restaurants and breweries to have a pre game "party". Get a local beer and something interesting to eat before the game. Would not work for a 7 PM start or a noon Saturday game but for a 9 PM Thursday game against a legit opponent (read enough people coming) it could be fun and provide a great atmosphere outside McTiT to get folks there early. I think the Hurricanes charge the vendors so if you have the traffic coming it could also make a little money for GT.

slugboy

Staff member
If it's not a violation, having the Hawks practice and play with us could be pretty cool. I'm for more publicity.
Before conference play, free or discounted tickets for high school kids with good grades? (Thinking about growing our brand out there)
Camps, tournaments--I think a lot of kids would love to play at McCamish.
The Hawks halftime shows are something else. Probably wouldn't work for us, but it gives them more atmosphere.
Basketball--at least in the NBA--is about sizzle. The Hawks do that slick pre-game entrance. What are we allowed to do to add flash to the entrance?

For the games where items are given away, it would be nice to know just where that giveaway spot is located. On "Lethal 3" day, I asked 3 different coliseum staff members where they were signing the posters, and not one of them had a clue. If I had been there for the Matt Harpring bobble-head day, I probably would not have gotten one. Put up some signs or at least inform the staff where the giveaway point is located.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Have enough give aways for folks that finally make it through the gate 6 minutes after the gates open. Disappointed about the Jersey fiasco at the Notre Dame game...

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Have enough give aways for folks that finally make it through the gate 6 minutes after the gates open. Disappointed about the Jersey fiasco at the Notre Dame game...

It was for students who would camp out

GTFLETCH

Banned
Meeting with him this Friday. Let me know if you guys have anything you want me to tell/ask him.

Need to speak to him about Branding, and how important this is, especially since we have this moment in time when GT will get a new partner (Russell has left the building). Whoever our partner is, we have to clean up or poor image and multiple logos. Links below

LINK
http://www.thesportsdesignblog.com/2012/01/09/uniform-concept-georgia-tech-basketball/

Link
http://www.thesportsdesignblog.com/2011/09/16/uniform-concept-georgia-tech-football/

LINK
http://www.thesportsdesignblog.com/...tter-to-the-georgia-tech-athletic-department/