Meanwhile at UGA

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
This is a legit issue. My secretary had to wear a sweater most of the summer due to it. The whole building was set to one thermostat and, consequently, ran a lot colder then what it was set for. And that was during the regular school year. It got even worse in the summer since there were a lot fewer bodies to heat the building up. However, the energy costs were lower since there was a lot less variation in temperature to contend with; when it got frigid it never heated up much.

The rest is correct. The standards were set back in the '50s and make a lot less then no sense today. The only reason we haven't changed them is that the HVAC equipment manufacturers don't want to re-tool. I say: tough beans. Do it.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
If you need to prove a point or get something changed that you know should be changed just based off common sense and experience, you have to be able to pool together random facts and statistics to prove your point for someone with the capability of making a decision to make a decision. I give uga decent credit on this one.

Deleted member 2897

HA HA HA HA HA HA! What a bunch of idiots.

Sounds like they run their air conditioning temperatures too low. But a temperature is not sexist, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. I guarantee you there is not 1 idiot over there who is sticking it to the women. Its just running at a temperature because its always run at that temperature. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
55846649.jpg
I thought your post was referring to this.