McCamish opened 11 years ago in 2012 (time flies) what’s your favorite moment in the McCamish era?

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
Mine is kinda random. 2016 GT vs Clemson. My family got tickets to this game via a raffle from my elementary school. We had seats a few rows behind the GT bench. Got on the Jumbotron a few times as well. This was Gregory’s last season, and his best as this squad made the NIT quarterfinals. We were down 14 at half but came back and won, just a thrilling win. I’ve seen other wins, some against much better teams, but this ones just my favorite because our row and the bench fed off of each other’s energy.

Last edited:

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Nice thread... I'm interested to see what everyone brings to the table.

One of my favorite memories was the game that Josh Okogie hit the buzzer beating lay-up to beat #14 Notre Dame in Josh's first year.

This was my daughters first game in the ThrillerDome and she was hooked after this one.

For what it's worth, I think that this season's squad could resemble that squad in many ways.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Mine is kinda random. 2016 GT vs Clemson. My family got tickets to this game via a raffle from my elementary school. We had seats a few rows behind the GT bench. Got on the Jumbotron a few times as well. This was Gregory’s last season, and his best as this squad made the NIT quarterfinals. We were down 14 at half but came back and won, just a thrilling win. I’ve seen other wins, some against much better teams, but this ones just my favorite because our row and the bench fed off of each other’s energy.

Forgot how deadly Adam Smith was shooting it from deep!

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer

One of my favorite memories was the game that Josh Okogie hit the buzzer beating lay-up to beat #14 Notre Dame in Josh's first year.

This was my daughters first game in the ThrillerDome and she was hooked after this one.

For what it's worth, I think that this season's squad could resemble that squad in many ways.

Wish I was at that game. Watched it at home on TV. went nuts.

Lightbulb

Jolly Good Fellow
Mine was definitely the opener against Tulane. I drove from Raleigh to be there and the atmosphere and facility were both great. I was so jacked to see MGH and Robert Carter Jr.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
There were very few memorable games while I was a student and then I moved away from Atlanta for the middle part of the decade. I was in-town for an Atlanta United game the weekend we played Belmont in the NIT in 2017. Pastner bought students tickets and the place was nearly full almost exclusively with Georgia Tech fans. I think a good chunk of our students thought we were in the NCAA Tournament or something because the place was a madhouse. Loudest I've heard McCamish. That 2016-17 season had a lot of really great games and crowds.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
There were very few memorable games while I was a student and then I moved away from Atlanta for the middle part of the decade. I was in-town for an Atlanta United game the weekend we played Belmont in the NIT in 2017. Pastner bought students tickets and the place was nearly full almost exclusively with Georgia Tech fans. I think a good chunk of our students thought we were in the NCAA Tournament or something because the place was a madhouse. Loudest I've heard McCamish. That 2016-17 season had a lot of really great games and crowds.
Yeah that team with Lammers, Okogie, Quintin, Tadric, etc was fun. Almost as fun as the 21 team.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck

That buzzer beater against ND was a good one for sure. I gave up my normal seats to sit with a friend a few rows behind the basket where okogie made the winning layup. We had the perfect vantage point.

There was a similar moment in another game when tadric Jackson made a buzzer beater layup to beat BC I think it was. The memories of these 2 games are actually kinda melted together in my aging brain 😂

TooTall

Helluva Engineer

Was there for my annual birthday game. It sure was hard to get up and hoot n hollar due to sitting in the All You Can Eat section.

slugboy

Staff member
If it’s the ERA and doesn’t have to be in the arena, then watching Jose lying on the floor after the ACC tournament championship is my answer. And the part where he says “c’mon coach you is a champion now”

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
If it’s the ERA and doesn’t have to be in the arena, then watching Jose lying on the floor after the ACC tournament championship is my answer. And the part where he says “c’mon coach you is a champion now”
I meant in the arena BUT that moment is so heartwarming that I don’t care. Leave it up here. 🐝😊

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow
People mentioned the Notre Dame game already. Next favorite would be beating Georgia on opening night in the 2014-2015 season. Student section was singing THWg all night long.

Hjacket

Georgia Tech Fan

That is mine as well. My grandson's birthday and we had 4 of his buds, his dad and me. What a great way to end the birthday party.