MBB @ ND

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
From GT app:

Looking to even the season series with Notre Dame and get in the winning column for February, Georgia Tech travels to face the Fighting Irish at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Purcell Pavilion.

Tech (10-14, 3-10 ACC) remained winless in the month of February after falling late at Louisville, 79-67, Saturday. The Jackets also lost 82-76 at NC State and 80-51 at home to Wake Forest since knocking off No. 3 North Carolina to close out the month of January. The Yellow Jackets, who have also defeated Duke and Clemson in conference play, have lost six of their last seven games and 11 of their last 13.

Notre Dame (8-16, 3-10 ACC) is in a similar place, having lost nine of its last 11. The Fighting Irish defeated Tech in the teams’ first meeting on Jan. 9, but then lost seven in a row before defeating Virginia Tech at home, 74-66, Saturday.

Wednesday’s game will be televised live on the ACC Network, with a live stream available on the ESPN app. Radio coverage is on the Georgia Tech Sports Network by Legends Sports and flagship station 680 the Fan (680 AM/93.7 FM). The Tech broadcast is also available on SiriusXM channel 383 and the SiriusXM app.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Summary of the game... lack of offensive rebounding for us, allowed too many for Notre Dame, combined with getting killed at the free throw line, equals another loss this season.

Last edited:

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Flustrating season.

I mean, we have three ACC victories, against the top of the league, yet we can't beat anybody else.

Just have to shake my head...

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Kelly had a rough game shooting

1000004045.png

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Why do we seem incapable of driving to the basket and drawing fouls compared to our competition night in and night out?

We went to the free throw line 11 times. Notre Dame made 17 free throws.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Notre Dame drove and got fouled. Notre Dame got offensive rebounds. That’s how they beat us. We somehow someway in some fashion have to figure out how to make a play or get a stop when we need it

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
So many flaws right now. CDS said he was going to flip it in 180 days. May need to recalculate that. I still think he’ll get it there, but was hoping we’d sniff bubble this season. Unfortunately, it’s going down HIS way; he continues to state he’s not concerned about winning, and more concerned with standards; won’t compromise for a single win; like Gene Hackman in Hoosiers.
The thing I’m most frustrated by is Gapare’s hands. He has great potential. But he is SO weak with his hands on the ball. Have him workout with Wide Receivers on catch machine. Has the hand strength of a 10 year old. Hope he strengthens, he has flashes of the most pro-type skills of anyone on the team.