MBB - 🤞 Clemson 2/21 GAME THREAD.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Time for ME to be the one who starts a game thread again! Tonight our Jackets try to get a season sweep of Clemson. I think we probably lose, because it is very hard to beat the same team twice! I hope the team proves me wrong!
This will be a challenging game for sure. The first game against Clemson, George and Reeves both had excellent games. Clemson dominated the boards but shot very poorly. We had a very good shooting night. Reeves was 5-7 from 3 point range. Hall put up 31 points with 8 as FTs. Not fouling will be both hard and key to the game tonight. We need to limit their offensive rebounds more than last game against them.

As we are very inconsistent and unpredictable I venture no guessas to the game's outcome. This would be a very good win!

GoodBuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
At home, Kelly 8 points shy of 1000. Let's hope he goes "Caitlin Clark" on 'em. Seemed like we were a little better on boards for Cuse. Let's keep trending up!! Go Jackets!!

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Gapare has helped some in the paint recently.When I played (100 years ago) it was really nice when the smaller guys blocked out the guy they were guarding. BTW, Kelly has been very active on the glass.

Last edited:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Gapare has helped some in the paint recently.When I played (100 years ago) it was really nice when the smaller guys blocked out the guy they were guarding. BTW, Kelly has been very active on the glass.

Pishaw! Next you'll tell me the actually called 'travel' if you took 4 steps without dribbling.

Good One Lol GIF by Justin

Youre Getting Old Beavis And Butthead GIF by Paramount+

Just kidding, 57sauce. :)

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
Clemson is just a significantly better team. I've watched them several times this season, and it always stands out to me how solid they are 1-5. I'm not expecting a win tonight (though I'd love that); if I see some fight and we keep it close, then I'll view that as a moral victory.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Clemson is just a significantly better team. I've watched them several times this season, and it always stands out to me how solid they are 1-5. I'm not expecting a win tonight (though I'd love that); if I see some fight and we keep it close, then I'll view that as a moral victory.
PJ Hall had a career night against us last time out. And the dude’s average night is a career night for most centers to put that in perspective.

I bet Schiefflein has a big night again too. This is a bad matchup. Add to it that midweek games in McCamish are cavernous, it’s just a bad recipe tonight.

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
On a bright note, I take back all of my harsh comments about Carter Murphy. Dude doesn't know if he's gonna play at all on any given night, but when he gets in the game, he plays hard and makes some tough shots. Obviously he wouldn't be getting minutes for a competitive ACC team, but he's far from the problem on this squad.

Pappa P

Georgia Tech Fan
Can’t win when you shoot 30% vs. 50%. But it’s frustrating that we don’t show any signs of improvement. We’ve hit a wall.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
On a whole other note, and I'm sure I'm not the first to say, it's mildly frustrating watching all these GA kids ... not even super highly-ranked ones ... coming back home(sic) and whuppin our collective arses the past few years. Hope those days are coming to a close.