Matthew Jordan AJC story

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
What a luxury having the ability to pace him along and not force him into action before he's ready. I love the "tough as nails" comment. Could be Nesbitt 2.o. Actually, could be Nesbitt with an accurate passing arm, imagine that. :nailbiting:

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
What a luxury having the ability to pace him along and not force him into action before he's ready. I love the "tough as nails" comment. Could be Nesbitt 2.o. Actually, could be Nesbitt with an accurate passing arm, imagine that. :nailbiting:
Cheese,
Unless he brings along BebeThomas, I 'm not sure that Nesbitt 2 will be good enough. We see from this yr when you have a skilled runner AND passer, what you get. Tough is a nice adjective to use on a QB but not one of the first 3 for me.
btw-until I see it I am not assuming he is a better passer than Nesbitt

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Cheese,
Unless he brings along BebeThomas, I 'm not sure that Nesbitt 2 will be good enough. We see from this yr when you have a skilled runner AND passer, what you get. Tough is a nice adjective to use on a QB but not one of the first 3 for me.
btw-until I see it I am not assuming he is a better passer than Nesbitt
I think you missed my first point "What a luxury having the ability to pace him along and not force him into action before he's ready." If he has Nesbitt's toughness and heart and can throw darts in a pickle barrel, I'll take that all day.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I hate the words "needs to execute at a higher level". Means don't expect much next year.
Keep in mind that Thomas as a redshirt freshman, dazzled only with the promise of what might come, and not so much with his actual play in '13. Myy recollection is that he made more progress from September of 2014 to November than from freshman through redshirt freshman seasons. I've tried to imagine being under center in that offense with the fullback instantly running up my rear end and having to make instant decisions. I can't, and I suppose that explains why the offense is so hard to master, and why Vad Lee among others simply could not get ahold of it. Does give one a bit more appreciation that Nesbitt was at least adequate in '08.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
When JT was in his true freshman status we were thinking Vad Lee would be our QB for the next three years. And happy with that thought. Does anyone remember the UNC game?

The next season JT was in the same role as Vad was the previous year. Does anyone remember the Syracuse game?

Very similar results for the two "future" QBs. Someone needs to be in that role this year. Maybe it will be Jordan.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
When JT was in his true freshman status we were thinking Vad Lee would be our QB for the next three years. And happy with that thought. Does anyone remember the UNC game?

The next season JT was in the same role as Vad was the previous year. Does anyone remember the Syracuse game?

Very similar results for the two "future" QBs. Someone needs to be in that role this year. Maybe it will be Jordan.
The year Vad became 2nd string QB, CPJ said to him "Congratulations, son. You just became the most popular player on the team!"

We know that is the pattern at Tech in Paul's years. It was true at Navy as well. Obviously, JT has rendered that irrelevant somewhat. Funny that it has skipped a slot and now become MJ that we are watching for the future. Here's to Timmy Byerly who makes that possible by being a living security blanket for us all! I'm glad that we can count on him as we do.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Keep in mind the offense was vastly simpler in '08. I bet MJ has waaaaaaaaaaay more on his plate right now than Nesbitt did in '08.
I agree. Looking at one of those '08 or '09 games on YouTube does give some frame to how much Johnson dumbed down his offense. I surely don't envy Jordan trying to get his arms around it. And admire Thomas for doing it.