Matt Gonzalez

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Unfortunately because he's a senior the amount will 98%+ be well below that amount.

I agree, he will probably get below the slot amount as a Sr. But since he wasn't drafted as a Jr, this is much better than not getting drafted. I can only hope that the Atlanta Braves franchise has honor and treats him well. (Foolish thought on my part to think about more than money.)

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I know he was contacted by at least 3 teams last year. Basically the signing $'s offered weren't "enough" to not try to stay in school and just be a semester short of graduating.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
When discussions/feelers were put out the teams decided "low ball" and so they were basically told that he wouldn't sign for "that"... Hence went undrafted.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I should add that Gonzo doesn't regret turning down the "feelers" and playing another year at GT plus getting another year of school completed. (apologize for the slow staggered response, on a plane headed back to ATL and over the ocean gogo isn't the best... Yea I know a nice problem to have :) )