Marshall's example

techdad

Jolly Good Fellow
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
GT players are always giving back to the community like these players and cheerleaders that visited CHOA last Friday

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I like the kid with the Mohawk standing next to TaQuon. We need to keep an eye on him for the future.

And, yes, it's good to see things like this from out football players.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
Question, and I am as serious as a heart attack: Would you be willing to give up having young people in our program like TaQuon (and there are many) just to win more games??? I wouldn't.

NO!! I'm a Tech grad and SO INCREDIBLY PROUD of our program. When I come to fan day, I love the attitude of the players. I love seeing these types of stories. I love hearing about their stories of getting to Tech and what they overcome. And even though I'm sad about some that get lost along the way, I'm proud that we tow the line on bad behavior. I love that CPJ says that it's a different kind of kid that comes to Tech. I know we have a hard time recruiting 4 and 5 star recruits, and I'm ok with that. I love that our players are upstanding citizens (mostly - please don't ruin it for me with other stories). I love that to play for Tech means being part of a team, not being a star on your own island. And I love that every game, no matter who the opponent is, because of that team mentality and offense (that I know many don't like) we always have a chance to win. EVERY game is win-able. Just got to block, tackle and hold onto the ball. Yes, some teams are big and fast and maybe we don't win because of that, but it's always possible to win, and that makes me happy. While it makes me sad when they lose, it's ALWAYS exciting!

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Really think that TQM's leadership is an underappreciated part of his excellence thus far (and I think much farther). Especially with the loss of JT, having him step up as a vocal presence and clearly winning the job through his intentional improvement are critical for the whole team to have an identity in the same mold.

Really think that TQM's leadership is an underappreciated part of his excellence thus far (and I think much farther). Especially with the loss of JT, having him step up as a vocal presence and clearly winning the job through his intentional improvement are critical for the whole team to have an identity in the same mold.
I sensed the players really wanted to play for JT. That made 2015 all the more puzzling.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Question, and I am as serious as a heart attack: Would you be willing to give up having young people in our program like TaQuon (and there are many) just to win more games??? I wouldn't.

NOPE! Guys like him are the life blood of any college football program. Get more like him and the wins and quality athletes will follow.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I sensed the players really wanted to play for JT. That made 2015 all the more puzzling.

Sure. A lot we could do to break down 2015 and its failures. Although I mentioned JT, I didn't really want to compare JT's leadership to TaQuon's. I was merely stating that JT's departure left a leadership void and uncertainty in identity as a team.