Mark Richt's Second National Title is Reachable

johncu

Jolly Good Fellow
Just saying guys...let's not pretend to be "better than" those guys in the cow paddies when our SAs aren't all model citizens. You can't make fun of another kid for being fat when you're chubby too.

Sure, you can make fun of UGA for their players getting into trouble...but you'd be a hypocrite.

Dude... On another site, someone posted a list of all of UGA and GT football player arrests over some time period (maybe 6 years or something?). The total was like 50 UGA arrests vs. like 5 for GT. It was absurdly different - the situations are not even remotely similar. I wish I could find the link, but I can't.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Here's the data that I found over at http://arrestnation.com:
uga:
2014(2nd)-8 Arrests/Citations/Charges
2013(T4th)- 5 Arrests
2012(T3rd)- 9 Arrests
2011(T10th)- 1 Arrest
2010(T2nd)- 4 Arrests

GT:
2014- Not on List
2013(T8th)- 1 Arrest
2012(T8th)- 4 Arrests
2011(T10th)- 1 Arrest
2010- Not on List

This list includes all sports, but just looking at the overall numbers they don't even compare. 27 to 6 should be plenty enough reason to think that we have better SA's than uga... I'm not saying that we don't have issues as well, but criminal SA's are not near as prevalent at Tech as they are at uga.

Never said they were remotely the same. The point being, and not to be a Bible thumper because I'm totally not, but as the saying goes "Let those who have not sinned cast the first stone".

I'm just saying GT fans need to get off the "holier than thou" kick. I have no problem making fun of UGA (that's in our blood as GT fans), but to start a thread about UGA's bad behavior when two of our own just got suspended for the "violation of team rules" *wink* *wink* is hypocrisy at its finest.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Never said they were remotely the same. The point being, and not to be a Bible thumper because I'm totally not, but as the saying goes "Let those who have not sinned cast the first stone".

I'm just saying GT fans need to get off the "holier than thou" kick. I have no problem making fun of UGA (that's in our blood as GT fans), but to start a thread about UGA's bad behavior when two of our own just got suspended for the "violation of team rules" *wink* *wink* is hypocrisy at its finest.

I understand your point to an extent and would agree if we had a recent serious felony or two or ten on the GT team. We don't even know what the two GT players who were suspended did since they weren't arrested. When your idea carried further, there can be no criticism of anyone else since no one is perfect.

UGAg is a program that excels at being thugs, that's my criticism. They have the chance to win the NATIONAL Fulmer title AGAIN. I never said or implied GT was perfect. GT isn't and I'm not.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Hahaha...this stuff is gold...if you don't like it move along...the rest of us will have fun continuing to poke fun at the stupid mutts. There is a reason this continues to happen to them. And in comparison....Tech has had only one real bad apple I can think of during the decades I have followed Tech...Reuben Houston. That cat will likely die in prison one day....sad as that is to say. I'm still pissed at that judge and even more so at Gailey. Judge ordered RH be put back on the team but no judge could or did order the chanster to play his sorry ***....but he did. Regardless.....the mutts have a much longer list of felons than we do.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Where's the first place CMR looks when a player is absent from practice?................................................the Athens / Clarke County Jail of course :D

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Hahaha...this stuff is gold...if you don't like it move along...the rest of us will have fun continuing to poke fun at the stupid mutts. There is a reason this continues to happen to them. And in comparison....Tech has had only one real bad apple I can think of during the decades I have followed Tech...Reuben Houston. That cat will likely die in prison one day....sad as that is to say. I'm still pissed at that judge and even more so at Gailey. Judge ordered RH be put back on the team but no judge could or did order the chanster to play his sorry ***....but he did. Regardless.....the mutts have a much longer list of felons than we do.
glasshouse.jpg
wink10.gif

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I understand your point to an extent and would agree if we had a recent serious felony or two or ten on the GT team. We don't even know what the two GT players who were suspended did since they weren't arrested. When your idea carried further, there can be no criticism of anyone else since no one is perfect.

UGAg is a program that excels at being thugs, that's my criticism. They have the chance to win the NATIONAL Fulmer title AGAIN. I never said or implied GT was perfect. GT isn't and I'm not.

Sorry GTNN...wasn't meant to be a personal attack on you. It's meant more generally whenever UGA players get in trouble, there are some on here that automatically get on here and gloat. After "gloating", it never ceases to amaze me how our own get in trouble a few weeks later. To me it speaks of our "little brother" syndrome more than tweaking UGA.

And to everyone else...not trying to be a Debbie downer, but I've personally never enjoyed getting a kick out of when 18-22 year olds do something stupid that could potentially ruin their lives. To me, that's just sad. If/when I have kids of my own, I sure hope they don't do anything stupid...and if they do, I hope society is forgiving. We've all been young and stupid in college. We're GT men (and women), so I've always thought we were above that. Anyhow, last words I'll say on this.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Does arrests by former SA's count?

Bengals fullback Orson Charles arrested

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/01/bengals-fullback-orson-charles-arrested/

Bwa ha ha ha ha...

He's older than 22 so I'm hoping I don't offend with this post. ( "I've personally never enjoyed getting a kick out of when 18-22 year olds do something stupid that could potentially ruin their lives." - poster kept anonymous for his protection)

More info just surfaced: Orson Charles tried to hide the gun he was brandishing during a road rage incident in a purse in his car. The Big OC carries a purse??? That funnier than the arrest!

According to a copy of the incident report obtained Tuesday morning by ESPN.com, Charles was stopped by Richmond police on Interstate 75 after a complaint was called in by another driver. The other driver indicated to police that Charles brandished a firearm in his direction several times while driving down the highway sometime just before 8 p.m. Monday. At some point, Charles allegedly cut off the other driver. When police arrived and did a search of Charles' car, a Smith & Wesson semiautomatic handgun was found in a purse.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10708378/orson-charles-cincinnati-bengals-arrested

Last edited:

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
Does arrests by former SA's count?

Bengals fullback Orson Charles arrested

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/01/bengals-fullback-orson-charles-arrested/

Bwa ha ha ha ha...

He's older than 22 so I'm hoping I don't offend with this post. ( "I've personally never enjoyed getting a kick out of when 18-22 year olds do something stupid that could potentially ruin their lives." - poster kept anonymous for his protection)

More info just surfaced: Orson Charles tried to hide the gun he was brandishing during a road rage incident in a purse in his car. The Big OC carries a purse??? That funnier than the arrest!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10708378/orson-charles-cincinnati-bengals-arrested
Lol, he went from a college team with a high arrest rate to an NFL team with one just as high, if not higher... Looks like he is fitting in well.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Well lets see georgie has entire defense back or close to it with new DC,.....seasoned OL and QB and two stud running backs.........on many teams winning or competing for the NC would be a given but honest georgie fans will say ..........MR will find a way to mess this up............of course many of you are right it is bad when kids try to break the law and yes......we may be next but Dodd kicked off Ted Davis for kicking a player in the helmet and many will not remember this but he also kicked Billy Teas off the team when he broke a training rule.........man has the game changed.