Mark Richt's Second National Title is Reachable

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
http://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/20xq2d/the_2014_fulmer_cup_the/

As of 20 March, Mark Richt's UGA team had 14 points, only 2 points behind the leaders. Note that currently 5 of the 6 "schools" are SEC, so Mark has his work cut out for him.

But he can do it!!!!!! The UGA program has excelled in this area through careful attention to detail of the student-athletes they offer. To compete with the rest of the SEC, this award takes effort. But they have fallen off, not having won the Fulmer cup since 2010 so they need to focus through the summer. This is too long to go for them to go between championships.

http://edsbs.wikia.com/wiki/Fulmer_Cup Also, note the SEC has won 5 of the last 6 years - pretty impressive considering there are 124 or so D1 football programs and 16 (?) SEC teams.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
The one thing I can pull for the mutts to win...and every year they gotta be the favorite to win it all. Go daw...how bout them daw....go...ah hell I just can't utter or type them words...good luck mutts and THWG!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
We just had 2 guys suspended for the first two games. Not sure we want to make fun of other teams when our house isn't 100% clean...

yellojello

Jolly Good Fellow
We just had 2 guys suspended for the first two games. Not sure we want to make fun of other teams when our house isn't 100% clean...

Hell yeah, we do. If you can't laugh at others, how can you earn the right to laugh at yourself.... (oops... did I get that backwards?)

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
http://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/20xq2d/the_2014_fulmer_cup_the/

As of 20 March, Mark Richt's UGA team had 14 points, only 2 points behind the leaders. Note that currently 5 of the 6 "schools" are SEC, so Mark has his work cut out for him.

But he can do it!!!!!! The UGA program has excelled in this area through careful attention to detail of the student-athletes they offer. To compete with the rest of the SEC, this award takes effort. But they have fallen off, not having won the Fulmer cup since 2010 so they need to focus through the summer. This is too long to go for them to go between championships.

http://edsbs.wikia.com/wiki/Fulmer_Cup Also, note the SEC has won 5 of the last 6 years - pretty impressive considering there are 124 or so D1 football programs and 16 (?) SEC teams.
Is there any limit to SEC domination??? :ROFLMAO:

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Glad we have you to set us straight. Last time I checked, Fulmer Cup was for arrests. How many of those have we had in the last 6 years, much less current off-season. We're one of the squeaky cleaniest teams in the nation and yet you can't even give that to us. LOL.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Funny thing is every year Georgie gets heads up lead on Fullmer Cup ......hard to catch them with such a big lead........only time I want georgie to win anything is Fullmer Cup.....of course guys the guys are still practicing with the team..........who ever thunk it ?

bcaff

Jolly Good Fellow

We actually have three guys suspended... so we're obviously just as bad as Georgia is...

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Just saying guys...let's not pretend to be "better than" those guys in the cow paddies when our SAs aren't all model citizens. You can't make fun of another kid for being fat when you're chubby too.

Sure, you can make fun of UGA for their players getting into trouble...but you'd be a hypocrite.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Glad we have you to set us straight. Last time I checked, Fulmer Cup was for arrests. How many of those have we had in the last 6 years, much less current off-season. We're one of the squeaky cleaniest teams in the nation and yet you can't even give that to us. LOL.

Right...you are REALLY blind to all the non positive things that go on with the team aren't you? I'm not going to list out all the negative that have happened because I'm not going to single out SAs and former SAs...but do some quick research over the past 6 years.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Just saying guys...let's not pretend to be "better than" those guys in the cow paddies when our SAs aren't all model citizens. You can't make fun of another kid for being fat when you're chubby too.

Sure, you can make fun of UGA for their players getting into trouble...but you'd be a hypocrite.

2 reasons why I don't mind criticizing UGA:

1. In no way are GT players anywhere near as bad as mutt/sec athletes.
2. F those mutts!

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
Right...you are REALLY blind to all the non positive things that go on with the team aren't you? I'm not going to list out all the negative that have happened because I'm not going to single out SAs and former SAs...but do some quick research over the past 6 years.

Here's the data that I found over at http://arrestnation.com:
uga:
2014(2nd)-8 Arrests/Citations/Charges
2013(T4th)- 5 Arrests
2012(T3rd)- 9 Arrests
2011(T10th)- 1 Arrest
2010(T2nd)- 4 Arrests

GT:
2014- Not on List
2013(T8th)- 1 Arrest
2012(T8th)- 4 Arrests
2011(T10th)- 1 Arrest
2010- Not on List

This list includes all sports, but just looking at the overall numbers they don't even compare. 27 to 6 should be plenty enough reason to think that we have better SA's than uga... I'm not saying that we don't have issues as well, but criminal SA's are not near as prevalent at Tech as they are at uga.