Mark Richt Retiring

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
I kind of admired the guy. I think he was sincere about his faith and tried to be a gentleman in a game that demands more than that at times. He was an OBVIOUS mismatch at Thug U, IMO. His personality as a coach never fit that culture and he lost his team this year. Like some of us he was stuck in the past, the way CFB used to be, and couldn't abide by the changes. I think he was a " nice guy " that should have taken some FBS job in Florida, not Miami, and would be still enjoying coaching.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
At least cpj did it right and announced before early signing. Richt apparently already had been on the recruiting trail before the announcement

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Deleted member 2897

I believe Miami owes Temple $4m for the buyout for the 2 weeks or so Diaz was the coach, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Hard to believe they fired Richt because they would have known not to let Diaz go and then have to pay to bring him back.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I believe Miami owes Temple $4m for the buyout for the 2 weeks or so Diaz was the coach, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Hard to believe they fired Richt because they would have known not to let Diaz go and then have to pay to bring him back.

I read speculation that he was asked to make staff changes that he was not likely to be willing to accept.