Mark Bradley

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Sometimes, even in the afterglow of victory against an arch rival, Johnson can't help himself. There was no need for that and no point to it. Others may see it as pretty cool but it just seems small-minded to me. Before somebody puffs up, I like the guy as a coach and am pretty well convinced that there is no coach in the country better in the last quarter. I just sometimes wish he would celebrate his achievements with more style.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
LOL. UGA fans think the same. He's a Kentucky grad...he could give a rat's behind about either school. All fans think the local paper is out to get them.

Schulz picked against us today, but I don't think he is a troll or "out to get us." Bradley just has something personal against CPJ and it is clear CPJ now shares the feeling.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I think you may be missing who Bradley is really bad mouthing, he is saying the GT players are bad. When CPJ called him out he was pointing out that our players are probably better than Bradley gave them credit for.
Agree, call out his attitude, style of play, play calling etc, but call out his players and he has to have their back. He won't tolerate the players saying much to the media so it's his job to get those jabs in

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow
Sometimes, even in the afterglow of victory against an arch rival, Johnson can't help himself. There was no need for that and no point to it. Others may see it as pretty cool but it just seems small-minded to me. Before somebody puffs up, I like the guy as a coach and am pretty well convinced that there is no coach in the country better in the last quarter. I just sometimes wish he would celebrate his achievements with more style.

Bradley strikes me as a classic fence-straddler with no scruples. A "one foot off the boat" pundit. At the low point of this season he wrote the "cold numbers" column hoping, begging to get a death-watch cycle started for CPJ. "2014 was a blip."

Then the columns going into COFH implying that CPJ had better win this game, or else. Of course Bradley had it called right from the beginning, they always do, so long as the reader has a one-week memory. Judging by the press conference today, at least one reader has a longer one.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Bradley is a jerk that has a complex for some reason.

Bradley is just playing to his readership. AJC circulation is half of what it was 10 years ago and non-existent outside of GA. I used to read the AJC when I lived in Knoxville ... with many other Tech grads. Can't do that any more.

So he has a greatly concentrated circulation in Georgia, especially the metro counties. Needle Tech and feed into UGA's insecurities. That's his plan.

Totally different environment for Furman Bisher.

Having said that, Bradley refuses to acknowledge the challenge Tech has vs almost any SEC school. So what? Tech is celebrated on the business pages.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Schulz picked against us today, but I don't think he is a troll or "out to get us." Bradley just has something personal against CPJ and it is clear CPJ now shares the feeling.
I don't think that is true at all. Bradley is paid to have an opinion and sometimes we don't like the opinion. We're not supposed to. But he doesn't work for the coach and his only client is the reader. He has had some very valid criticisms of GT football and thus of Johnson, but Johnson is more than adequately paid for that. Sometimes a columnist has a lousy opinion, and they will be controversial. Good. Too bad for us. As for implying Johnson had to win, I don't think it is a national security issue to know had he lost today and in a bowl game to finish 7-6 after 3-9, and a new AD, then all bets would be off because the cold facts are that in the last few years his record has been mediocre. All of us want to believe we are criticized only because somebody out there doesn't like us. It does not make their criticism any less valid.

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow
As for implying Johnson had to win, I don't think it is a national security issue to know had he lost today and in a bowl game to finish 7-6 after 3-9, and a new AD, then all bets would be off because the cold facts are that in the last few years his record has been mediocre.

You always know when someone's doing the side-shuffle when you see the run-on sentences. Bradley didn't say anything about a bowl loss or 7-6 vs. an 8-5 record. He put all the eggs in one basket.

The new AD is welcome to go find a generic shotgun-spread coach and turn the football team into Vanderbilt any time he pleases. Hopefully it won't be for a while yet.