Marbury Recruiting Stories

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
LOL. I was cracking up. It's even more funny that both Kenny and Steph wanted to go to Syracuse but ended up at GT. Of course, the Syracuse side of their recruiting stories is a bit different...

Steph's frosh year, 'Cuse made the finals. Not sure he would have put them over the top based on how that team was set up to play. Maybe.

Missing on Kenny very well might have cost 'Cuse a 'ship. Derrick Coleman, Billy Owens, and Kenny at PG? A first overall, second overall and third overall NBA pick on the same squad? My brother will never let it go.

yjfan

Jolly Good Fellow
LOL. I was cracking up. It's even more funny that both Kenny and Steph wanted to go to Syracuse but ended up at GT. Of course, the Syracuse side of their recruiting stories is a bit different...

Steph's frosh year, 'Cuse made the finals. Not sure he would have put them over the top based on how that team was set up to play. Maybe.

Missing on Kenny very well might have cost 'Cuse a 'ship. Derrick Coleman, Billy Owens, and Kenny at PG? A first overall, second overall and third overall NBA pick on the same squad? My brother will never let it go.
Would love to see those 3 match up vs the unlv squad, johnson, (and the defense of augmon,anthony, ackles, )

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Would love to see those 3 match up vs the unlv squad, johnson, (and the defense of augmon,anthony, ackles, )
To this day I still say the 1990 Ncaa tournament was the greatest collection of college basketball players and teams ever! I’ll argue that with any college basketball fan til I die.
A few years ago I was watching the 1rd rd of the NCAAT at a bar in East Lansing. In walk Matt Steginga and Mark Peplowski. Two starting bigs from the 1990 Mich St squad. We talked about that game with GT and Kenny’s shot and they still talk about how incredible that era and year was with the amount of talent they went against night after night.
College hoops just isn’t the same anymore….

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
To this day I still say the 1990 Ncaa tournament was the greatest collection of college basketball players and teams ever! I’ll argue that with any college basketball fan til I die.
A few years ago I was watching the 1rd rd of the NCAAT at a bar in East Lansing. In walk Matt Steginga and Mark Peplowski. Two starting bigs from the 1990 Mich St squad. We talked about that game with GT and Kenny’s shot and they still talk about how incredible that era and year was with the amount of talent they went against night after night.
College hoops just isn’t the same anymore….

Look down the list of coaches in that tourney too...wow:

Calhoun, Roy, K, Lou Caresecca, Bobby Knight, John Chaney, Jim Harrick, Billy Tubbs, John Thompson, Gene Keady, Nolan Richardson, Pete Carril, Jud Heathcote, Boeheim, Digger Phelps, Rollie Massamino, Tark, Lute, Denny Crum...and Bobby Cremins

/