Major

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I have to go to a technical school for the 1st semester in my first year of college because of a concussion. I am set to go to Georgia State next semester till my Junior year. What classes should I take to help my chances to be able to transfer to tech?

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Since no one else has said anything, I will give you my two cents about this: Better than getting advice off of the internet, contact the Admissions Office and get them to tell you.

Back in the day, the single easiest time to get into GT was right out of high school - transferring into GT was difficult. Lots of courses would not transfer or would leave you short (e.g. Math 1701 = 5 hours at GT while the equivalent may have only been 3 or 4 hours at another school) or your college GPA would not be as good as your high school GPA.

It can be done, but you will have to rock out at GStU and take the right courses to keep from having to repeat (and pay for!) hours that don't transfer. Good luck.

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
My advice, go to Middle Georgia State University in Cochran. They have an excellent 2 year engineering program. As long as you make the grades, transferring won't be a problem. I took that route, and so did my daughter.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Does GT still have the program with schools like Southern Poly, GA Southern where you take a certain "pre engineering" track with those schools and they would accept those courses (yes, even Calc courses).

A couple of my HS buddies did that when they couldn't get into GT straight out of HS.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I agree with @ClydeBrick , call or better yet meet with GT counselors about what you want to do.

A big question is what major do you want to pursue? If it's civil there may be one answer, physics another and business a third.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Does GT still have the program with schools like Southern Poly, GA Southern where you take a certain "pre engineering" track with those schools and they would accept those courses (yes, even Calc courses).

A couple of my HS buddies did that when they couldn't get into GT straight out of HS.
Went through an orientation with my sons this summer. There are no longer formal programs with Georgia Southern or Southern Tech. The school that sends the most kids to Georgia Tech. . . . Georgia Perimeter College.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Thanks for all the info. I am planning on Civil engineering or Buisness. And if I can't get in, sports management at State or KSU. I also got into Perimter, so I might do that then transfer my junior year to tech.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We don't have sports management, but we do have a pretty neat minor called Sports, Society, & Technology that can supplement a Business major to reach the same effect. I think that combination is what we're selling kids on if they're planning on majoring in "sports management" at GT.

http://www.hsoc.gatech.edu/sports

I agree with those that have suggested you contact GT about it, especially since the requirements for CE & MGT are potentially quite different. MGT & engineering tracks had different math requirements back in my day ("Math for Management" was easier than traditional Calculus courses).