machelle joseph and the lady jackets

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
i dont really follow the women all that much although i admit i should.

she may be a great recruiter but from what i can see she is not all that as a coach. if she is not on the hot seat with the new ad she should be imo.

we can do better and we should do better.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Experiencing the Sweet 16 was a first for this program. Unfortunately, it was followed up by her one losing season. It happens when a great senior class departs and several of the freshmen experience various problems.

This will be a year marked with several close losses, and another W.N.I.T. bid. We are a very competitive program. Not a UConn. or N.D. or upstart S.C., but viable. Take a look at how Volleybees struggled after coaching changes-and Softbees continue to drag under .500(sometimes it's better to stay with what is known to work). Three real good athletes are coming in next fall, with probably another by May. We should get back to the defensive pressure that made the engine run. Three more already verballed for '18 and one in '19. All from the States, all very athletic at their respective positions.

The first time we defeated the Mutts, she was in her first year as lead recruiter. When she took over, we started making it a series! Balance!!

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Experiencing the Sweet 16 was a first for this program. Unfortunately, it was followed up by her one losing season. It happens when a great senior class departs and several of the freshmen experience various problems.

This will be a year marked with several close losses, and another W.N.I.T. bid. We are a very competitive program. Not a UConn. or N.D. or upstart S.C., but viable. Take a look at how Volleybees struggled after coaching changes-and Softbees continue to drag under .500(sometimes it's better to stay with what is known to work). Three real good athletes are coming in next fall, with probably another by May. We should get back to the defensive pressure that made the engine run. Three more already verballed for '18 and one in '19. All from the States, all very athletic at their respective positions.

The first time we defeated the Mutts, she was in her first year as lead recruiter. When she took over, we started making it a series! Balance!!
There's a much better name for female Dawgs but it's not PC...

gtpi

Helluva Engineer

let me put an end to this right now. bobby cremmins did far more for the entire gt sports program than any other person since ive been a fan imo. we went to the ncaa something like 11 times in a row and it should have been more.

over the last 5 years of bc's coaching career here we did not go to a single ncaa tourney. amid many cries for his firing he left on his own. machelle is on that same downward spiral. why does she get a pass and bc didnt? that aint even close to being right.

if we are to retain machelle than it would make complete sense for cjp to take her and her program under the SAME wing he has taken the mens team. when he goes out to meet the fans why not take her along with him. why not make the thriller dome a thriller for BOTH the men's and woman's team. IT CAN ONLY HELP.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
let me put an end to this right now. bobby cremmins did far more for the entire gt sports program than any other person since ive been a fan imo. we went to the ncaa something like 11 times in a row and it should have been more.

over the last 5 years of bc's coaching career here we did not go to a single ncaa tourney. amid many cries for his firing he left on his own. machelle is on that same downward spiral. why does she get a pass and bc didnt? that aint even close to being right.

if we are to retain machelle than it would make complete sense for cjp to take her and her program under the SAME wing he has taken the mens team. when he goes out to meet the fans why not take her along with him. why not make the thriller dome a thriller for BOTH the men's and woman's team. IT CAN ONLY HELP.

Cremins made it 9 times, with 2 NIT visits sandwiching the 11 trips. He also made it to the dance one time in his last 7 years so i guess we should have fired him. (with 3 NIT trips, Brain Gregory amirite?)

Hewitt made 5 NCAA trips, 1 NIT trip in 10 years. But he had academic issues and other regards that pushed him from acceptable to unacceptable. He had sanctions caused due to APR. When you have a school that more alumni care about academics then athletics its an issue. You can be fired for more than just poor performance on the court. Which is what happened to Hewitt.

as for coach jo, she averages 20 wins a season. Sure its not the 24 wins a season she had off the middle years (she had 15 wins the first few years) but she at least puts up consistent records that will put GT into competition for making the women's tournament. Tech isn't the sports powerhouse you think it is (especially in women's sports, cuz of how late it took us to build a women student body).

THWG

Helluva Engineer
We are not UCONN, Tennessee or Baylor. There was basically no program before coach Jo got here and now she has the program at a consistent and competitive level even if she is not making the NCAA tournament every year. She is the Bobby Cremins of our women's basketball program so she deserves to stay.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
....and don't get me started on attendance. Just like the comparative scores being distant within the ranks of separation between the successful programs & the ones lacking to engage parity in the game, so are the tails in the seats.

It's not CMJ's responsibility or so she told me for Marketing the fans. Referred me to Theresa Wenzel in the past. When giving TW the names of Directors in Retirement Homes in the area, Schools that had Coaches/Principal(s) that were interested in large group deals, she never followed up accordingly. The two bus carriers that needed to coordinate the deals being proposed unofficially by me, said she didn't contact them either. All had great interest in a package with transportation being included for the young and old.

If you want the program to get to another level, it must be supported accordingly. Look at the three schools I listed in the above post. You will notice they sell out most games and they are located towards the eastern side of the U.S.A.

We are not going to attract a coach more proven than she is, for what is being offered. As THWG stated above...there was not this high of a level for GTWBB before her.