Lugginbill

I for one wouldn't, but is he really a welcomed face in the eyes of the current team and coaching staff? Or, has too much time elapsed that I'm the only one that wants too jump through the TV and choke him when I see him on ESPN. I don't know where Bill Lewis is and don't want to know, but my feeling for him is similar. I've never seen any two people completely destroy a program so quickly.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
He works for SECSPN, whadaya expect? I don't know if he harbors any animosity for GT or what, but he sure has swallowed the company line.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I may be missing something but I always though Luggie was fair to us and ok overall. I don't blame TL for what happened after Ross left.
It's more of a lack of any comment at all towards his alma mater while gushing over the SEC that gets me. He's the quintessential anti-Lou Holtz.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
When he first started on the four letter, he had "former GT qb" in his biline. For some reason, its gone now. Wtf Tom, not proud to be a Jacket?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I get the feeling that over the years he's tried to disassociate himself from GT. As @dressedcheeseside pointed out, 'former GT QB' figured prominently in his little nameplate dealy. Now it never gets mentioned.

That said, screw him (even all these years later). No, the Lewis era wasn't his fault but he was a willing participant in what ultimately led a National Champion devolving to a 1-win team.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
lets call it what it is. He was a 1 year GT guy. He transferred from some D2 or 3 program or something IIRC. Not that transfers can't be or become GT guys, maybe Skov will be, but generally, they don't seem to be.

he doest gt no favors and has no soft spot for them.

In fact, as a point, he sideline reported a GT game last year or 2 years ago...it was his first time on campus in 20 years. He has no ties or interest to this program anymore than any other out there

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I wonder if we get ranked in the top 10 and become ESPN's little darling, it mysteriously reappears?

You better believe he'll re-connect himself.

@33jacket, you're not wrong. I think it wouldn't be out of the question, considering his position, for the guy to be a little pro-GT. Just a little bit.

On a semi-related note, I'm pretty sure Bosh doesn't identify as a 'GT-guy' really anymore. I seem to recall him saying STTE that he wish he could've gone straight to the L from HS. Has anyone heard of him working out on campus or anything like Shumpert, Jack and others do?

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
See attached from Wikipedia.

I've always felt like he had some personal vendetta towards GT, something that could be caused by a number of variables.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 165

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I used to really like him, BUT lately he has gotten under my skin! I don't know the reason, but he did make a comment recently that I liked. Something was being discussed about transfer QBs, and he said when he transferred, the speed of the game was a giant shock to his system (paraphrased).