Lucas Johnson

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah watching the game. I didn't know until I turned on the bowl game tonight and the announcers keep mentioning he's from GT. Good for him! I'm glad to see guys like him and Vad having swell careers after transferring. San Diego is a beautiful city.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Did he play for Collins or leave before collins.
I can remember that collins insisted on giving 3 of the untested qbs a chance. Had to leave the board a lot duringvthat period. Was one if them LJ? Can someone name tgmhe 3 guys that got chancesxyear 1?

One thing i saw w lj tonight is he had a money receiver. When in single coverage the ball was going to that guy. The rec and qb read the defensive coverage and worked as a unit. Boy wouldnt that be nice
Glad he went out on top. Sorry we wasted his time. .

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I can remember that collins insisted on giving 3 of the untested qbs a chance. Had to leave the board a lot duringvthat period. Was one if them LJ? Can someone name tgmhe 3 guys that got chancesxyear 1?

One thing i saw w lj tonight is he had a money receiver. When in single coverage the ball was going to that guy. The rec and qb read the defensive coverage and worked as a unit. Boy wouldnt that be nice
Glad he went out on top. Sorry we wasted his time. .
He played. For collins

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

He was here for Collins' first year.

Oliver got game 1 against Clemson
Johnson got games 2 and 3 against USF and Citadel got injured again.
After Oliver got the first half of the temple game, Graham was the starter from there on out.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Is it just me, or do players who transfer from GT seem to do better than they did while here? Maybe it's the level of competition is less? Or just me only noticing the ones who do better? Yep, I'm sure it's just me.

Mattmc10

Jolly Good Fellow
Last night was Johnson’s best game ever in college. SDSU has had two qbs play in a number of games this year riding a hot hand. Last night Lucas was it, it was good to see. Game log from this year:

DEC3EE1E-FB92-445C-B5CF-E95F9DFF5EA8.png

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Pretty neat that he went out on such a high note - his best game was his last.
That's one of those you can be 45 and look back on with a smile.

"My last game in college, I threw for 330 yards, produced 4TDs, and led my hometown team to a win in a nationally televised bowl game"

That's the kind of thing that gets you randomly recognized at Rubio's every couple years for the next 20 years.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
That's one of those you can be 45 and look back on with a smile.

"My last game in college, I threw for 330 yards, produced 4TDs, and led my hometown team to a win in a nationally televised bowl game"

That's the kind of thing that gets you randomly recognized at Rubio's every couple years for the next 20 years.

Checked his stats at gt usf game and they improved by a fantastic amount. M Now I remember the early collins games and why they are blocked from memory - 1 out 5 pass attempts the qb was not in fear of his life .
He went from about 15 passes for 50 yds while sharing qb time.
TO
PLAYING HURT, HAVING GREAT SUCCESS PASSING, RUNNING FOR KEY FD, LEADING TEAM TO BOWL VICTORY.
True Grit.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
LOL, my kid brother scored 5 td's in one game in high school, including one on offense, one on defense, and one on special teams. The entire stadium was chanting his name. Such a cool moment to be there as a big brother. He has never mentioned it once that i've ever heard. He's a better man than I.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Lucas just had a lot of bad luck here. As soon as it seemed he got into a groove as our QB, he got injured. I made a statement during his time here that he was going to be one of those players who was talented, but for one reason or another fate just seemed to work against him here.

When we signed him, I really thought CPJ was up to something...maybe emphasize the RnS a little bit more. Things just never fell into place for Lucas.

Really happy he ended his career on a high note. I was one of his biggest fans when he was here.