Louisville Quick Look

slugboy

Staff member
Louisville Pitt condensed game (25 minutes--Roddy is the color commentator, and is just great--Pitt in grey uniforms):

Louisville is probably slapping themselves after the game. Cunningham missed a lot of throws. Pitt maintained their defensive assignments and went to the right gaps, and that made a big difference. Lots of field goals. Louisville basically shut Pitt out in the second half. They got yards, but not many points. It's important to get as much early in the game as we can.

Hawkins is fast and explosive. Don't let any of their skill players get behind you. They have speed at the receiver positions. Our DBs have to make the right steps and keep the right position.

I don't know how much of Pitt's defensive penetration is because they have a good DL and how much is Louisville messing up. Sacks were critical to Pitt winning this game

DT, LB, and CB play was critical for both teams throughout the game.

Louisville's offensive scheme looks about like ours. I was thinking it would look more like the App State offense that used a lot of option concepts.

A play just before halftime will give most of you deja vu--it was virtually a replay of Syracuse's miracle TD.

Louisville should be well rested--they also had a bye.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
Pitt leads the country in sacks. They have 19. The next closest team is Clemson with 13. They are pretty good up front. Louisville has given up 11 sacks in 3 games so not great. Hopefully we can generate some pressure.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
So UL is a zone stretch and bootleg/ attack all levels on offense. Very UVAish. They will stress our LB. Hopefully we don’t bite too much on the cheese with the motions and KEEP CONTAIN

Defense: they run the same scheme Nate Woody ran here & App St. A lot of slanting and angling by the DL not as much chaos as far as blitzing

Milwaukee

Banned
If you watched the game , you know NCSU started a new QB ( maybe a Fr. ?) and he had a great arm, especially for long passes. Talent seemed to be about even to me. They may not repeat that performance again , but they looked good Saturday.

This. I see multiple people making statements about this game but having watched the entire game NCST has the better team. They got beat up by VT and people said they were awful for some reason. Those 2 receivers, especially Emezie, are creatures. And Devin Leary looks GOOD.

rfripp68

Georgia Tech Fan
They will stress our LB.

giphy.gif

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
So UL is a zone stretch and bootleg/ attack all levels on offense. Very UVAish. They will stress our LB. Hopefully we don’t bite too much on the cheese with the motions and KEEP CONTAIN

Defense: they run the same scheme Nate Woody ran here & App St. A lot of slanting and angling by the DL not as much chaos as far as blitzing
I read LB and now I’m worried