Louisville Game Travel Thread

buzzn3

Georgia Tech Fan
The official parking situation is awful but it does sound like there are cash lots all around the stadium. I need to hop on I-65 postgame so I'm aiming for either that area or somewhere off Eastern Parkway near their campus.
Yeah, I ended up stuck down dead end campus streets, going in circles and nowhere close to the stadium last time when I just tried to wing it and find a cash lot on the way coming from the North. Just a total execution fail on my part.

Eatmorchikin

Georgia Tech Fan
If anybody wants to tour anything bourbon related, hope you’ve already got reservations. Best you can do is probably slip in to some of the “experience” shops on Main St. Bardstown, Evan Williams, and Old Forrester have a presence down there. You may be able to get into the Michter’s bar, but it can be crowded as well. There’s a huge music festival going on this weekend so hotels, Ubers, and parking will be tough to come by.

Eatmorchikin

Georgia Tech Fan
Driving down! Also went in 2018. Got some BBQ before the Game (will have to confirm the name but it was one of the "most popular" places), did not sufficiently research parking ahead of time (was a bit of a disaster/mess so planning ahead a little better this year), enjoyed us emptying out their stadium in record time as we crushed their hopes and dreams, then did Churchill Downs and the Louisville Slugger museum on Saturday. I'd recommend the full behind the scenes tour at Churchill Downs, I really enjoyed it and I'm not that into horse races. If you have a Quality or Mfg. Engineering background, don't expect them to know much more than very high level info on the Louisville slugger factory tour 🤷‍♀️
Did you figure out what the “most popular BBQ” place was? I live here and couldn’t tell you what it may be. Best I’ve got is Martins but that’s a Nashville chain that happens to have a location here on the far East End.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Did you figure out what the “most popular BBQ” place was? I live here and couldn’t tell you what it may be. Best I’ve got is Martins but that’s a Nashville chain that happens to have a location here on the far East End.
I've seen Momma's mentioned a lot in my research, but particularly for their wings. Martin's came up as did Four Pegs and Frankfort Ave Beer Depot. I'm not a huge BBQ person in general so I never deep dove into the options.

I've only got time in the city for about 3-4 meals but Frank's, Morris Deli, Lotsa Pasta, Hammerheads, 610 Magnolia, Fat Lamb, Havana Rumba, La Bodeguita de Mima, Toasty's, Mayan Cafe, Pizza Lupo, Blue Dog Bakery, Con Huevos, Nord's, Superegos, and the Post are all spots I've earmarked for visits.