Louisville Game Travel Thread

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Anybody else headed up? This is going to be my first time in the region and I'm really excited. I get in Friday morning and am hoping to get to the Muhammad Ali Center, Churchill Downs, and the Louisville Slugger Museum/Factory. I'm not a bourbon connoisseur but am hoping to get in a tour and I hear the city has some great food. Seems like an amazing combo of Americana, sports, and a Yellow Jackets win ;)

If anybody went in 2018 to watch CPJ post 550 yards on them and has some recs, please share!

buzzn3

Georgia Tech Fan
Driving down! Also went in 2018. Got some BBQ before the Game (will have to confirm the name but it was one of the "most popular" places), did not sufficiently research parking ahead of time (was a bit of a disaster/mess so planning ahead a little better this year), enjoyed us emptying out their stadium in record time as we crushed their hopes and dreams, then did Churchill Downs and the Louisville Slugger museum on Saturday. I'd recommend the full behind the scenes tour at Churchill Downs, I really enjoyed it and I'm not that into horse races. If you have a Quality or Mfg. Engineering background, don't expect them to know much more than very high level info on the Louisville slugger factory tour 🤷‍♀️