LOUISVILLE 2/1/23 GAME THREAD

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
29 is a magic number to beat, iirc that was a UVa beat down we had years ago (2015?) When we scored 28 points total!

No they did not play four corners and run the clock indefinitely, because there was a shot clock.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
As much as I hate to say or think it, I really don’t think we will win tomorrow…. I have zero faith in Pastner putting this team in a position to win a road game in the acc, no matter how bad the other team is. I guess the only positive of the season will be we can be the “bad loss” on Miami’s tournament resume come selection Sunday….

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
As much as I hate to say or think it, I really don’t think we will win tomorrow…. I have zero faith in Pastner putting this team in a position to win a road game in the acc, no matter how bad the other team is. I guess the only positive of the season will be we can be the “bad loss” on Miami’s tournament resume come selection Sunday….

Not to mention El Ellis still the best player on the court by a substantial amount.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't think I have ever seen a Louisville team struggle as much as this season. What happened to them? Have the Pitino sanctions finally caught up with them? I remember seeing how excited they were to have one of their own as the new coach. Is he that bad or has all of their talent transferred out?

TheDanielHordShow

Helluva Engineer
I don't think I have ever seen a Louisville team struggle as much as this season. What happened to them? Have the Pitino sanctions finally caught up with them? I remember seeing how excited they were to have one of their own as the new coach. Is he that bad or has all of their talent transferred out?
Pitino scandal + new head coach + unexperienced roster.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I just Googled "Louisville basketball" to see their record and the first hits that come up are Louisville women's basketball and the women's schedule. Not that there is inherently anything wrong with women's basketball, but that is how far the men's team has fallen. Just wow.

(For reference, South Carolina's men's team is a terrible 8-14, while their women's team is ranked number 1 and undefeated. Yet, a Google search of "South Carolina basketball" still results in the men's team first.)

StingU2

Jolly Good Fellow
Pitino? Louisville didn't miss a beat regarding the sanction handed out under his watch, they are currently suffering from sanctions that took place under their previous Coach Chris Mack.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Reading an article from last November it says all Louisville got for the Mack situation was a $5,000 fine and a reduction of 7 days of recruiting plus two years probation which means nothing. So it either has to be that Payne is a terrible coach or Louisville has recruited about the same as we have (or worse since they have a much worse record).

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Just to get things off on the right "foot", Wes Durham was on a local radio show and said he had been told a GT player had an ankle "incident" in shoot around today. Not sure the extent or who it was just more good news. :rolleyes:

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I've watched a number of Louisville games recently. They're not good. I've watched a number of our games recently. We are not good. Somebody has to do less bad tonight. I hope it's us.