Looks like we have news on Kenderius Whitehead

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I think the problem here is that you are assuming that just about anybody can look at a student's transcript and see how he/she is doing.

Au contraire, mon frère. The privacy laws make it a federal offense to release a student's transcript unless the kid says it's ok. And there is simply no way at all that anyone outside the institution involved itself can keep up with how well a student is doing. Shoot, often the profs themselves can't tell you until the semester is over; kids make the most remarkable recoveries. As for keeping up with the student's grades and progress towards a degree, forget about it. There's no way anyone outside the student and the registrar at the institution involved could be privy to that.

It is too bad that this worked out the way it did. I was counting on Whitehead to be a real force for us this season. But the coaches can only go on what the students tell them until they get the final transcripts. It's a blow and now I think it is necessary for some of the freshmen to play. Let's hope that goes well.
In the article I wrote, which will probably not be published now, I mention that the word from GMC was that he was graduating with an associate's degree and that "he had really good grades." If the people who are supposed to know don't even know, how is Tech supposed to know?

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
In the article I wrote, which will probably not be published now, I mention that the word from GMC was that he was graduating with an associate's degree and that "he had really good grades." If the people who are supposed to know don't even know, how is Tech supposed to know?

Exactly. We have a good relationship with GMC as I understand it, so they probably have been in close contact with CPJ and the other coaches.

Whatever happened, I am sure Kenderius is more disappointed and angry than we are. I feel very badly for him. He busted his nuts and now this. :(

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
takethepoints, thanks for saying what I was basically going to say. Heck, even PARENTS of the KIDS (big but still kids) don't have access to the grades unless their child gives them their log on information. The "report card" isn't even mailed out anymore. Hard pressed to think that the GT AA knew he would/wouldn't have a Assoc. Degree or not until the transcript is complete for the semester.

Good news is that he is able to transfer in AND that he has come to practice. Hope that he a JHD help the O-line improve and play well this year because I assume they'll be doing scout team work this season.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
takethepoints, thanks for saying what I was basically going to say. Heck, even PARENTS of the KIDS (big but still kids) don't have access to the grades unless their child gives them their log on information. The "report card" isn't even mailed out anymore. Hard pressed to think that the GT AA knew he would/wouldn't have a Assoc. Degree or not until the transcript is complete for the semester.

Good news is that he is able to transfer in AND that he has come to practice. Hope that he a JHD help the O-line improve and play well this year because I assume they'll be doing scout team work this season.
What are the rules on who is eligible to play on the scout team? I honestly don't know and I guess I just assumed that you had to be on the team to play on the scout team. I thought he and JHD could do non contact workouts and walk around with a clip board but that was it. I honestly am ignorant.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
What are the rules on who is eligible to play on the scout team? I honestly don't know and I guess I just assumed that you had to be on the team to play on the scout team. I thought he and JHD could do non contact workouts and walk around with a clip board but that was it. I honestly am ignorant.

Anyone can play on scout team....scholarship, walk-ons, etc. The only ones who cannot work out with the scout team are ones who are specifically prohibited from team activities (i.e. Travin Henry could not).

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Anyone can play on scout team....scholarship, walk-ons, etc. The only ones who cannot work out with the scout team are ones who are specifically prohibited from team activities (i.e. Travin Henry could not).
Thanks. So even though a player is ineligible to play that does not exclude him from the scout team.