Looks like we have news on Kenderius Whitehead

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Per the AJC, Whitehead completed all his classes, but he didn't get the Associated degree (i.e., didn't graduate), so he has to be treated like any other transfer and sit out a year. THAT SUCKS !!!

This is pitiful. No way something like this should happen. How can he finish all his classes and not have enough credits to graduate?

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, Freeman better hit the weight room because it looks like we're going to need him badly this year.

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
so, 4 Tech players/recruits ineligible academically so far this off-season, Custis, Hunt-Days, Autry (Myles) and Whitehead...

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Huh. He didn't receive enough credits?
OK this and add all the transfers & miscues from Custis to player discipline Coach and his staff got to get it together. Seriously how can this not have been tracked and figured out by now. What are they doing it's like the "Three Stoogies" or something.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Huh. He didn't receive enough credits?
OK this and add all the transfers & miscues from Custis to player discipline Coach and his staff got to get it together. Seriously how can this not have been tracked and figured out by now. What are they doing it's like the "Three Stoogies" or something.
This sucks but learn all the facts before you start slinging blame around. I can't see how this is anyone at GT's fault. If a kid says he's on track to graduate at another school, what's he supposed to do about it?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
the same way they track a kids progress when he's in highschool .
Miss me with excuses it's been too many this offseason .
I think the problem here is that you are assuming that just about anybody can look at a student's transcript and see how he/she is doing.

Au contraire, mon frère. The privacy laws make it a federal offense to release a student's transcript unless the kid says it's ok. And there is simply no way at all that anyone outside the institution involved itself can keep up with how well a student is doing. Shoot, often the profs themselves can't tell you until the semester is over; kids make the most remarkable recoveries. As for keeping up with the student's grades and progress towards a degree, forget about it. There's no way anyone outside the student and the registrar at the institution involved could be privy to that.

It is too bad that this worked out the way it did. I was counting on Whitehead to be a real force for us this season. But the coaches can only go on what the students tell them until they get the final transcripts. It's a blow and now I think it is necessary for some of the freshmen to play. Let's hope that goes well.