Looks Like Everything Worked Out

Animal02

Banned
I sincerely hope nobody around here is rooting against Vad Lee. I am very thankful JT is our man, but in no way shape or form do I wish bad things for Vad. I am happy for the young man. He has done nothing wrong.
I do not think anyone is wishing him ill, there still seems to be some speculation that he will transfer to Duke next year. That possibility is extremely remote.....he would have to graduate and select a graduate program that is not offered at JM. From the looks of it online, Duke masters programs are limited and what is not matched at JM is engineering "foreign" studies, and religion.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
All the Duke transfer talk ignores the ACC transfer rule that requires an extra year if going from one ACC school to another. I'm not 100% on the specifics of these rules (and it seems like they are written to purposefully leave a lot of gray areas) but I don't think he would be eligible for Duke next year, his final of eligibility.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Good for him. Vad seems like a good guy. He was more interested in doing his thing than winning at GT and that is fine. He is a great FCS player. It worked out for him and we now have a much better QB. The OP is right. Win for everyone involved.

Vad knew he was going to transfer before our Bowl Game last season and didn't tell our Coaches so we didn't have the chance to give Justin meaningful snaps then. He was SELFISH and I could care less how he's doing.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I was disappointed that Vad transferred, but agree that it worked out for the best. He probably knew CPJ was going to get back to running the core of his offense. I guess one could argue that it was selfless of him to leave. Playing JT with Vad on the sidelines would cause some team controversy.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Vad gave it his all against uga and was distraught at the heart breaking loss. Defense could not stop uga.
i assume in five years us inside baseball gt fans will know the facts.

I wish him very well for his mighty effort against uga and for coming to gt.

However, thank heavens we have JeT who is a f a s t TO QB that reads the future and responds with a quick and sure hand off, run , rocket toss or pass.

He can't do what VAD does and VAD can't do what he does.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I sincerely hope nobody around here is rooting against Vad Lee. I am very thankful JT is our man, but in no way shape or form do I wish bad things for Vad. I am happy for the young man. He has done nothing wrong.

You may be right ,but I'll always wonder if his quick/weak "fall-downs" on runs were due more to him saving himself for the future as opposed to just keeping from being hurt per PJ's instructions.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm glad vad is doing well. I think it's great for him. I'm glad he's not our qb and Thomas is, and wouldn't be worried a little bit if he went to duke.

All that said, I'm not terribly impressed with his exit.

But alls well that ends well, and his departure has resulted in a positive move for all concerned.

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I knew Vad and he was really a great kid. Very nice guy like everyone said. The offense was just not for him, I don't blame him at all and root for him to succeed and I am glad he is doing so. I said since Tevin's SR season when everyone was clamoring for Vad, that JT was the one we really wanted to do well. He was the perfect fit, not Vad.