Looking ahead to Miami

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
JT does not need to play. If you want to strip Vad of his confidence and make him have some doubts, put JT in. However, if Vad really is our starter and is going to be our starter, you let him continue to grow and learn while playing in the game.

I'm not a fan of a 2 QB system at all. I actually despise 2 QB systems. The only times a 2 QB system is ideal is:

1. Training a young QB to get valuable reps under an older, less talented starter.
2. You have two QBs who refuse to separate themselves and are forced to play both.

Having said that, I still think the best thing to do for the coach, QB, and the team is to choose one and go with him through good times and bad. You will grow more from that as a team.

Just my 2 cents...
+1

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
Guys if you talk the Justin and Vad you will find that they have a close relationship. Working together will benefit them both. Vad is a true leader and when relaxed can really throw the ball. Vad is a little slower getting up field but has enough speed to advanced the ball. Justin on the other hand is a smaller QB and some may say has problems passing against bigger lines. No one can question his speed. He executes the option with greater precision and if you give him a small running lane he can make you pay. He can also prove to be a secondary's nightmare. Is time time to dump VAD? NO! Can Justin and Vad work together! YES!

+2

Chattjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Guys if you talk the Justin and Vad you will find that they have a close relationship. Working together will benefit them both. Vad is a true leader and when relaxed can really throw the ball. Vad is a little slower getting up field but has enough speed to advanced the ball. Justin on the other hand is a smaller QB and some may say has problems passing against bigger lines. No one can question his speed. He executes the option with greater precision and if you give him a small running lane he can make you pay. He can also prove to be a secondary's nightmare. Is time time to dump VAD? NO! Can Justin and Vad work together! YES!

+2
I've seen several people say that JT runs the option better than Vad. Not trying to be a jerk, but how do we know that. CPJ runs an option-based offense and continues to say we need to get better at running the option. I think if JT ran it better then he would be staying because CPJ wants a QB that can run his system the best. We have very little game tape of JT. In the little I've seen, I was no more impressed with the way he ran the offense. I actually thought he was sloppy. That's not a knock on him. He's a Freshman. These are the issues we have to live with having a SO & a FR as our top 2 QB's. I'm much more concerned by our upperclass-laden O-line playing like garbage.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
Miami currently laying the wood on USF. I hope we can catch them sleeping if this continues. Time to get that revenge we are hungry for!

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Miami looks good. 250 yards in first quarter.

It's 21-7 and Miami just fumbled on the three yard line when they were about to score.

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
I've seen several people say that JT runs the option better than Vad. Not trying to be a jerk, but how do we know that. CPJ runs an option-based offense and continues to say we need to get better at running the option. I think if JT ran it better then he would be staying because CPJ wants a QB that can run his system the best. We have very little game tape of JT. In the little I've seen, I was no more impressed with the way he ran the offense. I actually thought he was sloppy. That's not a knock on him. He's a Freshman. These are the issues we have to live with having a SO & a FR as our top 2 QB's. I'm much more concerned by our upperclass-laden O-line playing like garbage.

Brother you're not being a jerk. Coach Johnson made the statement himself. Also if you were able to get a sneak preview of practice. You would have seen it when Justin ran with the first team. I will look for the article so you can read it your self. Thanks for sharing Bro. I hope I did not sound like a know it all.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Here is my take on Miami, and especially their D. They are talented and athletic, but what they typically lack is the discipline it takes to defend us well. VT's D had both- talent along with good discipline and execution. That kind of D will kill any offense, not just ours. Miami is not in the same league defensively. They do have talent and speed, though, so I don't expect it to be easy.

Miami will be a tough game for exactly the opposite reason that VT was...their offense. I know our defense has looked improved, but stopping Miami will be a HUGE challenge. They better be ready, and they better start out a little sharper than they have the last few weeks. We absolutely CANNOT get behind early again. That will lead to a blow-out on the road. I think we can hang with Miami, and I even think we can beat them...but we have to play much better than did against VT. No more mental mistakes--the margin for error is small.

Chattjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Brother you're not being a jerk. Coach Johnson made the statement himself. Also if you were able to get a sneak preview of practice. You would have seen it when Justin ran with the first team. I will look for the article so you can read it your self. Thanks for sharing Bro. I hope I did not sound like a know it all.
You weren't coming off as a know it all. I apparently missed that CPJ quote. I had seen a few people make the comment but had/have seen nothing that showed it. That's why I commented. But, I wasn't able to see any of Spring practice other than the Spring game.

GaTechYellowJackets

Georgia Tech Fan

I think it's disappointing that it's even close. Vad lee has a whole year more of experience more than JT. It should be obvious that VL is better. Can't teach a lot of aspects of being qb but you can teach the option. It's just repetition/practice til your comfortable

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
JT does not need to play. If you want to strip Vad of his confidence and make him have some doubts, put JT in. However, if Vad really is our starter and is going to be our starter, you let him continue to grow and learn while playing in the game.

I'm not a fan of a 2 QB system at all. I actually despise 2 QB systems. The only times a 2 QB system is ideal is:

1. Training a young QB to get valuable reps under an older, less talented starter.
2. You have two QBs who refuse to separate themselves and are forced to play both.

Having said that, I still think the best thing to do for the coach, QB, and the team is to choose one and go with him through good times and bad. You will grow more from that as a team.

Just my 2 cents...
+2

Pj4prez01

Jolly Good Fellow
I have been impressed with the U so far this year. I wouldn't change anything except maybe put bailey at RT.