LOLing to myself about the nature of hindsight and perspective

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I was just thinking back to GT playing against Aaron Donald in college, and thinking to myself "you know, maybe the random fans are right. Maybe this scheme just isn't cut out for big-time football. We can't even block Pitt's DL. Maybe given time to prepare, ANY team can shut down this offense, even just mediocre college squads".

I am telling myself today not to rush to any judgements :)

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I thought that Hunter Renfrow at Clemson was a gritty, feel good type of walk on type of guy that us average schmucks like to root for. I would have laughed at the idea of him playing in the league tbh. Seeing Keith Brooking in HS, I thought he was the kind of guy who might contribute on ST's and maybe get on the field some as an upperclassman. I didn't know he was going to be a top 10 draft pick and Pro Bowler. How many people who saw Cooper Kupp play at EWU could have pictured him being the best receiver in the league? These stories are what drew us to sports and keep us interested I suppose. I think we all can pick out the Calvin Johnson's and Bo Jackson's in college and predict their success. But these other guys? No way.