Literature vs Engineering

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I finished David Copperfield but that book makes me angry to this day. Ever time the plot started to move forward it felt like Dickens said, “Time out; we need to take a few pages to do some descriptions.”

Funny thing is that I generally like his other works.
If my memory from 10th grade English class is correct, Dickens published his stories 1 segment at a time in magazines so was compensated for verbosity.

slugboy

Staff member
This is also off-topic, but kudos to the players involved:

After media days, I think we’ll see more coming out of practice to give us an idea what the team will look like. Having Eley at media days surprised me—he’s a new transfer, and there are impact players that have been here longer. Maybe I’m reading too much into that, but it makes me a little optimistic about our Mike position. If we get both linebackers playing downhill, it’ll make such a difference on defense.

I felt like Curry played well enough to win in our last couple of games. One of the most frustrating things about the Pitt game is that there were players who balled out and ended up with a loss. If Eley plays at or above that level, I really like our odds. Again, we need both those guys playing downhill in this defense.

Going into next year, the NCAA is limiting full-contact practices to a max of two in a row, and no “straight on” drills like “Oklahoma”. Assuming the NCAA means much next year other than “the March Madness people”, this is the last year practice will look like it does now. Maybe it’s a chance to turn the corner on defense and come back after last year’s regression.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I finished David Copperfield but that book makes me angry to this day. Ever time the plot started to move forward it felt like Dickens said, “Time out; we need to take a few pages to do some descriptions.”

Funny thing is that I generally like his other works.
That's because it was written as a serial from May 1849 to November 1850.