List Of Trump Pardons & Commutations

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Deleted member 2897

2 more were completed today, for the Hammonds out west. They had been sentenced to jail, served their time, and released. A few years later, an appeals court determined (for some reason) they didn't like the previous jail term and threw them back in jail for another several years. This action was one in a long line of back-and-forth between ranchers and BLM out west...ultimately leading to standoffs in Nevada and Oregon. 85% of Nevada is now owned by the Federal Government and 53% for Oregon. It feels like Trump (looking at all his pardons) is obsessed with this theme of an overhanded Federal Government.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...e_President_of_the_United_States#Donald_Trump

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
2 more were completed today, for the Hammonds out west. They had been sentenced to jail, served their time, and released. A few years later, an appeals court determined (for some reason) they didn't like the previous jail term and threw them back in jail for another several years. This action was one in a long line of back-and-forth between ranchers and BLM out west...ultimately leading to standoffs in Nevada and Oregon. 85% of Nevada is now owned by the Federal Government and 53% for Oregon. It feels like Trump (looking at all his pardons) is obsessed with this theme of an overhanded Federal Government.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...e_President_of_the_United_States#Donald_Trump

It’s interesting that he is doing these now. It seems like a lot of Presidents do pardons on the way out of office. BTW, did you notice that Obama pardoned 212?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 2897

I'm all for President Trump pardoning Oregon Ranchers Dwight Hammond Jr and Steven Hammond because their case was a classic example of Government overreach.

Can you imagine reaching a plea agreement with prosecutors, going to prison, serving your time, being free for like 3 years I think, and then being directed that you have to go back to jail for several more years? That feels like double jeopardy to me. If someone feels a sentence is not correct and you don't arise at that opinion for years after the person is out and back to their lives, you should take disciplinary action against the prosecutor and judge and not the individual.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Can you imagine reaching a plea agreement with prosecutors, going to prison, serving your time, being free for like 3 years I think, and then being directed that you have to go back to jail for several more years? That feels like double jeopardy to me. If someone feels a sentence is not correct and you don't arise at that opinion for years after the person is out and back to their lives, you should take disciplinary action against the prosecutor and judge and not the individual.
That's double jeopardy and poltical persecution(y)