Let's look at some positives

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I'm not a Susy Sunshine but there is another side to our situation.

1.Personally I would prefer to have beaten Vt and lose to dook (if that were the choice).In the big scheme vt seems more dangerous than dook in our quest for division title short or long term.
2. We have a strong team returning next yr esp on Off.Most DBs must be replaced but we have capable young talent for a change.
3.The schedule looks less imposing next yr.
4.We have new AD who is a Tech guy.This SHOULD be a major positive.
5.We seem to have a decent recruit class coming esp on DEF line which is usually our weakness.

Jmonty71

Banned

1.Personally I would prefer to have beaten Vt and lose to dook (if that were the choice).In the big scheme vt seems more dangerous than dook in our quest for division title short or long term.
2. We have a strong team returning next yr esp on Off.Most DBs must be replaced but we have capable young talent for a change.
5.We seem to have a decent recruit class coming esp on DEF line which is usually our weakness.
I can agree with most of this. Accept. I think we need to take a hard look at the D and the performance the last 6 years. Is Roof the right man? Personally, I don't think so. But, will the AD stand for the years of mediocrity?

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Yaller,
Possibly but doubtful as Fr..I personally think that the LB from Ky will end up at DE.also-This guy from Germany is intriguing with his athleticism.
Check out the RECRUITING 2018 section in this Swarm site..Lots of good data and discussion.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Ala, do have any rush ends among the recruits? A good enough one could see the field as a true freshman.
Ala is right, but I'm betting that Branch moves over to SDE next year. Which, btw, is where he belongs. He could be special out there. This is predicated on one of our redshirt or frosh DTs coming through, but I'm guessing that's already in the cards, regardless.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

6. New unis next year.;)

Hopefully we can add number 7 after Saturday...beat UGA 3 out of last 4 years.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Ala is right, but I'm betting that Branch moves over to SDE next year. Which, btw, is where he belongs. He could be special out there. This is predicated on one of our redshirt or frosh DTs coming through, but I'm guessing that's already in the cards, regardless.

Yeah, I've thought about that too. It might happen. What would be another nice addition would be if number 90 could train into enough endurance to become a most downs player. We'd have him, Glanton, and Cerg in the middle.

The Rev.

Georgia Tech Fan
Aside from removing the blue and red "R", and adding an adidas 'three-stripe", what uni changes would you want to see?
(We have a fairly traditional look right now and have deliberately gotten away from Russell ideas of the past decade.)
What would you want to change?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I've thought about that too. It might happen. What would be another nice addition would be if number 90 could train into enough endurance to become a most downs player. We'd have him, Glanton, and Cerg in the middle.
Won't be surprised to see TK playing a lot as a true freshman. We also have Owens who might switch to strictly playing DT, depending on his size and I think Dawson is a DT.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Aside from removing the blue and red "R", and adding an adidas 'three-stripe", what uni changes would you want to see?
(We have a fairly traditional look right now and have deliberately gotten away from Russell ideas of the past decade.)
What would you want to change?
The way the fit, and just cleaner lines if that makes sense. With some " different" looks than we are use to, stuff that recruits will like and players.

The Rev.

Georgia Tech Fan
The way the fit, and just cleaner lines if that makes sense. With some " different" looks than we are use to, stuff that recruits will like and players.
I don't mind the traditional look but am open to whatever. Just curious about what folks want to see.