Let's be honest when it was 17-0 what were you expecting

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
My first thought was I hate CGC for what he did to a program I love. I really thought about turning the game off. But something it me would not do that, guess it was the beer in me. Not sure if I said something in chat but if I did remember I was drunk.
The first UNC play for a touchdown lowered my expectations even more...so I oddly wasn't stressing as a normally do...and low and behold the blind squirl counts the acorn! Go Jackets!
We just seem so much more professional with CBK and staff....

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I expected to come here and find ...

pokemon crying GIF

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
MArk Richt (of all people) commented that the first play probably helped us out, as UNC was "ready for a 60 minute battle" or trying to be even though they were 22-point favorites, and then that first play confirmed that the jackets were going to roll over, so mentally UNC was no longer ready for a battle (if they ever were) and couldn't get there mentally after

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I left home for a party just after half time and left without my phone. I set my dvr to record the and planned to watch it today. I was thinking the worst but when I got back home to my phone and saw the score I immediately called my Chicago daughter who had texted me towards the end of the game wanting to know if I was watching the game. She gave me the recap of how we pulled it off. Boy did I raise her right!

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
I thought that if we could score before halftime, we could get back into the game.

The first easy run TD for UNC was a bad omen…for UNC. Mentally tough teams don’t take their foot off the gas, but weaker programs like UNC relax a little.

A bunch of things had to line up in our favor to win, but we definitely the better prepared team. UNC is lucky to be 9-2 with a lousy defense.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
MArk Richt (of all people) commented that the first play probably helped us out, as UNC was "ready for a 60 minute battle" or trying to be even though they were 22-point favorites, and then that first play confirmed that the jackets were going to roll over, so mentally UNC was no longer ready for a battle (if they ever were) and couldn't get there mentally after
I'm starting to put Key into the super-genius category. The way he altered Gibson and Pho Man, sometimes inexplicably. The way we ran up the middle even though the play almost never worked, lulling them to sleep on D. Maybe he told Thacker to get us out of position and let them score on the first play. He's playing three-dimension chess out there and psy-ops. He's gaming it beforehand from kickoff to final play. Us mere mortals cannot discern his ways...

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I was thinking anything could happen. This team (Post CGC) has shown a will to keep fighting. So yeah, I thought we still had a chance
I thought we still had a chance because the offense had shown signs of life even if they hadn't yet scored, but I was preparing myself for a probable loss, I admit.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I was doom and gloom. I stuck around for halftime and the score before the half showed a lot of grit. Immediately felt better after that. And well the rest was amazing to see.

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
My first thought was I hate CGC for what he did to a program I love. I really thought about turning the game off. But something it me would not do that, guess it was the beer in me. Not sure if I said something in chat but if I did remember I was drunk.
I was expecting a final score of around 42-10

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
After 17 - 0, I took my whiskey and a cigar to the back porch but left the TV on. My son told me we scored just before half so I finished both in time to see the entire second half. This win ranks up there with the 3-3 tie of ND and the road win over Bear in Curry's first year as really satisfying wins as they all were completely unexpected. I am thrilled with seeing a competent Defense for the first time in years. And the feel good story of Zach Gibson sticking with it and overcoming the start he had here on the Flats.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
same thinking I always think during a football game - my dang bourbon glass is almost empty again. that's why I started keeping the bottle closer.