Let’s rally behind all the staff and players donning GT

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
I honestly think GT fans are just miserable people sometimes. If we could get behind the team with the same enthusiasm that we use to boo the refs, we might actually have a home field advantage. Combine this with lackadaisical Greek/student turnout and it's a recipe for malaise.

Anecdote: I used to have seats in upper north, and there was a guy who sat close to me who always found a way to be negative. We could be up in a game by 3-4 touchdowns, and he'd be pissed that we let the other team score. Some people just can't enjoy good things.

The phrase is something like "We're Harvard during the week and Alabama on Saturday". Been a long, long time since we've been Alabama on Saturday and I think the average fan needs to realize this. Remember the other team is fielding 85 players too and didn't just show up to get rolled over.
I think it was Northern Illinois game the lady sitting in front of me turned around and got mad at my girlfriend for cheering. I was like you do know we are at a football game, right?

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I honestly think GT fans are just miserable people sometimes. If we could get behind the team with the same enthusiasm that we use to boo the refs, we might actually have a home field advantage. Combine this with lackadaisical Greek/student turnout and it's a recipe for malaise.

Anecdote: I used to have seats in upper north, and there was a guy who sat close to me who always found a way to be negative. We could be up in a game by 3-4 touchdowns, and he'd be pissed that we let the other team score. Some people just can't enjoy good things.

The phrase is something like "We're Harvard during the week and Alabama on Saturday". Been a long, long time since we've been Alabama on Saturday and I think the average fan needs to realize this. Remember the other team is fielding 85 players too and didn't just show up to get rolled over.
Our football team hasn't been ranked in over 6 years and we have 9 wins in the last three years. Our basketball team hasn't been ranked in over 10 years. Of course the few of us who have stuck through all of this are miserable. At least we are still around.

ramble_on92

Georgia Tech Fan
THIS. That kind of scene does absolutely nothing but damage to the program.
I’ve had season tickets almost my entire life - as a kid, as a student, and as an alum. Life’s short, I can think of a lot more things I’d rather do on a Saturday than watch my team get clobbered in person by 40+ points because I want to be a “good fan”. These players can be upset about it all they want but they play a role in that overall record. I guarantee if you put them in a similar situation to the fans, they would not be crazy about showing up either. Wins equal fan’s butts in seats, period.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I wish to god someone had posted this when CPJ was getting hammered by fans year after year. His biggest sin was that he didn’t pass enough. And some of our fans amplified every negative recruiting trope about him that our opponents were putting out.

I wonder if it has occurred to anyone yet that you can’t build a new positive regime on a pile of toxic negativity aimed at the former coach.

We have made our bed and are now lying in it. It’s way too late to try to paint our community with sunshine and roses. Only hard work by our football program, whoever is coaching, will turn this around.
I really like this, beyond a "Like". And how is all the passing working out for us?

That aside, I see that Jeff Monken is 9-3 at Army, on his way to another 10-win season on the Plain. And still with the pretty much vanilla spread option Johnson coached, but with a bit of shotgun mixed in. p.s. he throws about five times a game it seems. Doesn't seem to both the Corps.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I really like this, beyond a "Like". And how is all the passing working out for us?

That aside, I see that Jeff Monken is 9-3 at Army, on his way to another 10-win season on the Plain. And still with the pretty much vanilla spread option Johnson coached, but with a bit of shotgun mixed in. p.s. he throws about five times a game it seems. Doesn't seem to both the Corps.
It is the Army after all. You would not expect the "mud" troops to do much flying (other than the airborne, and the 101st' goal is to get back on the ground as quick as possible to inflict maximum pain). The Air Force, on the other hand is fully expected to have an "Air Raid" offense.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Well if our players are surprised about red in our stadium when we play UGA then they aren’t very smart. It happens every other year because one school breeds fans while the other breeds non sports fans. Every player who has signed here the last decade knows the deal. Maybe they should have Yellow Jacket alley walk thru every east campus dorm to get the students interested. What’s interesting is the normal student looks down their nose at a football player because they get everything paid for and handed to them including admission and players look down their nose at regular students for not showing them support. But that’s what happens when you strive to be a National and international school.