Let’s Go Buckeyes!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Hawaii GIF by ION

#It'sAlwaysHateWeek

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
The mutt time out was the play of the game.
Why do teams out think themselves? 1st and 10 from their 35ish and you RUN? 3 shots at the first down or endzone and then kick. Told my buddy when they ran on first down, a lot can go wrong on a FG.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
Why do teams out think themselves? 1st and 10 from their 35ish and you RUN? 3 shots at the first down or endzone and then kick. Told my buddy when they ran on first down, a lot can go wrong on a FG.
They are so freaking lucky it’s absurd. I thought it was criminal that he basically got to call timeout AFTER the snap. If I could retroactively call timeouts like that I’d be a heck of a coach too. Ridiculous.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Day coached that entire game to win until the last 3 plays when he coached it to not take a sack/turnover.

Stroud played so unbelievably to that point, you just have to trust him to get you to chip shot territory.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
They are so freaking lucky it’s absurd. I thought it was criminal that he basically got to call timeout AFTER the snap. If I could retroactively call timeouts like that I’d be a heck of a coach too. Ridiculous.
Not to mention once again the other team loses their best offensive weapon mid game. Last year Bama was already down a WR and then Jameson Williams tears his acl.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
He called the TO before the snap, just barely though.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
There was a time - a time when we played good/great football, when we recruited marquee-type players, when our stadium was the ATL place to be in Saturday afternoons and tickets were hard to come by - that Tech had some luck on occasion, Dodd’s luck. Let’s hope that Key will begin finding some of that in 2023 and beyond.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I try so so hard not to watch the dogs because I get tired of seeing them luck out on games like this. But New Year’s and family and circumstances meant that the game was on.

Terrible way to start 2023.

But, I guess the good news is that uga is not quite as far ahead of other teams as we thought. Stroud was picking the dogs apart on pass plays. Game could have gone either way.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Here is when the game was lost by OSU. When they were on about the 15 yard-line with 2nd and 5, they should have been in the mindset that this is four down territory. The one thing they could not do is kick a field goal and give the ball back to Ugag up by six.

I've seen this play out time and time again. The coach had 2nd and 5, so he had three downs to go 5 yards on the ground. Instead, he went back to pass and got sacked. He had three downs to get 5, and then he would have had four downs to get into the end zone. Anything less loses the game. The field goal was useless.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Georgia should have lost that game. Day got conservative once they hit the edge of field goal range. But aside from that, the results of those reviews were real head scratchers. I don’t know how that video showed Bowers pick up the first down. You absolutely could not tell where his body was in relation to the sideline from the angles they were showing.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I try so so hard not to watch the dogs because I get tired of seeing them luck out on games like this. But New Year’s and family and circumstances meant that the game was on.

Terrible way to start 2023.

But, I guess the good news is that uga is not quite as far ahead of other teams as we thought. Stroud was picking the dogs apart on pass plays. Game could have gone either way.

This was my takeaway. Everyone wants to already claim UGA as the next Bama and last year’s team was unstoppable, but this year’s team is very beatable. I think the chances of them being Clemson(contenders for a five or six year stretch and win two titles before falling back to earth a little) are more likely than them becoming Bama. Saban is the GOAT. I think it’s a bit silly to expect someone else to match or top that so soon. Very prisoner of the moment take that most of ESPN has bought into.