Last night was what our fanbase needed. Absolutely electric environment!

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
Apparently attendance was a little over 32,000. That I don’t believe. The noise was so loud it felt like the place was sold out. Some of the third downs late in the game were deafening. Definitely the loudest I’ve heard Grant Field since probably the Virginia game in 2018. (Which had a similar ending to yesterday’s game) Student section in the north end zone was lit, south end zone needs work, but the gold fellas were there so it was nice.

Postgame it was just amazing. Seeing our players, students, alums, and fans like me celebrate felt so good. People were dancing in the middle of Techwood and Bobby Dodd way, there were hugs, yells, and “what’s the good word”. Sure we only beat Duke, and our team still needs some improvement. But the Tech football we all know and love came back last night.

I hope our fans can pack Bobby Dodd for our showdown with UVA in two Thursdays.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Apparently attendance was a little over 32,000. That I don’t believe. The noise was so loud it felt like the place was sold out. Some of the third downs late in the game were deafening. Definitely the loudest I’ve heard Grant Field since probably the Virginia game in 2018. (Which had a similar ending to yesterday’s game) Student section in the north end zone was lit, south end zone needs work, but the gold fellas were there so it was nice.

Postgame it was just amazing. Seeing our players, students, alums, and fans like me celebrate felt so good. People were dancing in the middle of Techwood and Bobby Dodd way, there were hugs, yells, and “what’s the good word”. Sure we only beat Duke, and our team still needs some improvement. But the Tech football we all know and love came back last night.

It was pitiful attendance for a lovely Saturday.

Jd89

Georgia Tech Fan
I have to agree that the game was lightly attended. The upper north and east stands were empty as were the south stands. Maybe with the better product we are producing, the attendance will go up. THAT BEING SAID, I think the fans at the game really stepped up with appropriate cheering and noise to feel like a full stadium, esp when we protested the roughing the passer call.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I was pretty disappointed with the attendance of the older fans. Campus was exciting but mostly from the students. Seemed very few of the fraternity houses had their old alumni in the front yards. Really pleasantly surprised by the number of international students in the North stands. Not sure if that’s been changing over the past few years or if it was due to Homecoming, but it was great to see.

The energy really picked up in the stands when Duke started coming back late in the 4th.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
M
I was pretty disappointed with the attendance of the older fans. Campus was exciting but mostly from the students. Seemed very few of the fraternity houses had their old alumni in the front yards. Really pleasantly surprised by the number of international students in the North stands. Not sure if that’s been changing over the past few years or if it was due to Homecoming, but it was great to see.

The energy really picked up in the stands when Duke started coming back late in the 4th.
My frat group from late sixties gets together every homecoming. Has been for over ten years. Almost the entire group would go to the games with wives. The last couple of years about half turned down buying tickets but still came to the reunions. I expect more will now come to the games. These guys are coming from all over the USA and turning down one chance to see a game. At least now there can be an expectation that the team can win a game. I think they will come to the games again.

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
Regardless of the numbers, the fans were loud! After the stoopid roughing the passer call, the boos were so loud I could feel it in my teeth. I know the upper decks were empty, but the noise in the stadium was loud and dook struggled with it. That's what you want from the home fans.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
Regardless of the numbers, the fans were loud! After the stoopid roughing the passer call, the boos were so loud I could feel it in my teeth. I know the upper decks were empty, but the noise in the stadium was loud and dook struggled with it. That's what you want from the home fans.
Exactly! It’s gonna be even louder when UVA rolls in!

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
College football has been siphoning attendance numbers for all programs for close to a decade but it really was an environment yesterday that justifies you getting off the couch and making your way to be a part of it. The absolutely perfect Saturday afternoon helped a lot.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I have to agree that the game was lightly attended. The upper north and east stands were empty as were the south stands. Maybe with the better product we are producing, the attendance will go up. THAT BEING SAID, I think the fans at the game really stepped up with appropriate cheering and noise to feel like a full stadium, esp when we protested the roughing the passer call.
I would say, “relax”. The video of the LSU-UT game showed a mostly empty Death Valley. Winning is a wonderful thing.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Turn the south end zone into a terraced beer garden with standup tables (sorta like we used to have in the Robbery dining area) . Standing area with some bleacher seats. Paper cups. Tech fans like to throw objects.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I haven't attended a game since The Northern Illinois game 2 years ago. After these last two games, I am excited finally to go back to Bobby Dodd. Unfortunately, it is looking like I will have to be out of town for the Thursday night game vs Virginia, but I will for sure be there for Miami. Not just winning, but the way the whole program seems to have righted itself makes me excited again.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Our program has been damaged and its going to take some time to rebuild it. Coach Key, the assistant coaches and mostly the players are doing their part. Last night's game was the most fun game I've attended in several years. I can't wait for the Thursday night game. This team is fun to watch.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer

Goosebump stuff!!