Laskey Article in southernpigskin

Techster

Helluva Engineer
He's going to be a beast this year. I think we'll see 900+ yards from him...and a bunch of defenders being dragged down the field

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Laskey runs like a garbage truck. And I have always meant that in a good way ..... Laskey reminds me a lot of John Riggins. He won't be brought down by arm tackles, will run through people for the hell of it and is a ground pounder.

Just what a BB should be.
I think that's a good start Nuke, but he's got a few other assets, as well.

1. He's extremely quick to and through the hole, that's his biggest asset as a Bback.
2. He's got good vision and balance but not much wiggle/agility.
3. On top of that, he's got fairly good speed, though not a burner. I think he's every bit as fast as AA was.
4. He's not a great blocker, but he's willing to block and he's a hard worker. Most people say blocking is mostly "want to" so I'd look for further improvement in this area.
5. He's also a good, if not very good, receiver out of the backfield. He runs good routes and can catch (soft hands).

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Laskey runs like a garbage truck. And I have always meant that in a good way ..... Laskey reminds me a lot of John Riggins. He won't be brought down by arm tackles, will run through people for the hell of it and is a ground pounder.

Just what a BB should be.

He's a mean SOB and I love it.

Sheldon's

Jolly Good Fellow

1. He's extremely quick to and through the hole, that's his biggest asset as a Bback.
3. On top of that, he's got fairly good speed, though not a burner. I think he's every bit as fast as AA was.
4. He's not a great blocker, but he's willing to block and he's a hard worker. Most people say blocking is mostly "want to" so I'd look for further improvement in this area.
5. He's also a good, if not very good, receiver out of the backfield. He runs good routes and can catch (soft hands).

6. He doesn't fumble the football.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer

IMO #2 is crucial for our BBack position. Staying on your feet, while finding your way through the trash, is what causes big plays to happen. If he had a little more wiggle, he would be all time good.