Lance Terry to Sit out 2023-2024 Season

techgrad

Jolly Good Fellow
Wow. That means we have only 2 scholarships open next year if everyone returns (with Sturdivant and Claude graduating)? Is Dowuona here 1 year or 2?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Wow. That means we have only 2 scholarships open next year if everyone returns (with Sturdivant and Claude graduating)? Is Dowuona here 1 year or 2?
There will be players moving on. We have 3 coming in with the announcement later this evening. I think if things don't change, Abram will look for another opportunity. I could see Coleman looking for a chance at more minutes, and Miles could always put his hat in the ring if he finishes strong. I don't anticipate an issue.

techgrad

Jolly Good Fellow
There will be players moving on. We have 3 coming in with the announcement later this evening. I think if things don't change, Abram will look for another opportunity. I could see Coleman looking for a chance at more minutes, and Miles could always put his hat in the ring if he finishes strong. I don't anticipate an issue.
Yeah. I hope it doesn't affect the announcement. Interesting timing.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
With the commitment of Sutton today we will become even more freakishly long and athletic. Sutton plays small forward and is 6'8" tall. And don't forget the center Kirouac who is 6'11" and Mustaf who is another 4* who can play the point and is 6'4". The future looks very bright.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
With the commitment of Sutton today we will become even more freakishly long and athletic. Sutton plays small forward and is 6'8" tall. And don't forget the center Kirouac who is 6'11" and Mustaf who is another 4* who can play the point and is 6'4". The future looks very bright.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Our depth will be incredible next year. What if both Coleman and Kelly return? This could get very interesting.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Our depth will be incredible next year. What if both Coleman and Kelly return? This could get very interesting.
We likely will lose a couple of guys. Obviously Sturdivant, Murphy, Dowuona, Claude as they are all seniors/grads. Kelly could give the pros a shot and you never know with someone like Coleman who could be looking for more playing time elsewhere. Abrams is also a big question. He has disappeared completely. Hope he finds within himself what CDS wants from him.. CDS was very high on him when he joined the team.

We do have a solid core in George, Ndong, Gapare, Reeves and Terry returning with hopefully Coleman and Kelly plus the 3 freshmen.

techgrad

Jolly Good Fellow
This is Dowuona's 4th year, so I believe he has a covid year left. If both he and Claude leave, we definitely can use another big body to help out Ndongo. But I don't know about our scholarship situation, especially if Forrest enrolls. It is very likely there will be attrition, so it'll probably work itself out in the end.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Kirouac will need S&C as he is thin, but he likes to bang inside.

I had been thinking about this option the last couple of weeks.
Makes sense and gives GT a veteran guard who is probably our best pure shooter back.

techgrad

Jolly Good Fellow
Sutton has been playing PG this year. His handle is probably not tight enough right now, but he can pass. He doesn't seem to mix it up much down low.

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

I don't have any inside knowledge, but I don't think CDS would have approved Terry's redshirt if he didn't have a plan which isn't public. A third player has to leave after this year. CDS can either control (for example, grant the COVID year) or trusts the departing.

Last edited: