Lady Jackets vs NCSU, Monday 2/7

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Tough game and really a look at what the next level will be for this program. We are close but have work to do

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
From the GT app...
Eylia Love led all scorers and Lorela Cubaj added a double-double, but it wasn’t enough as No. 11 Georgia Tech fell at No. 5 NC State, 59-48, Monday night in Reynolds Coliseum.

Georgia Tech (18-5, 9-3 ACC) jumped out with a 10-2 lead, but the Wolfpack answered with an 8-0 run fueled by a pair of three-pointers to knot the score at 10-all with 3:37 to play in the first. After a competitive opening frame, the Yellow Jackets and Wolfpack stood at a standstill, 14-14, but NCSU outscored Tech, 16-8, in the second quarter to lead 30-22 at halftime. Love led the Jackets with eight points at halftime.

NC State used a dominant third quarter to gain a comfortable lead and held a 49-29 advantage entering the final quarter. The Wolfpack would extend their lead, but the Yellow Jackets put together a 14-2 run late in the frame to come within 11 for the final 59-48 tally. Love and Lotta-Maj Lahtinen capped Tech’s offense hitting a pair of three-pointers in the final two minutes as the Jackets kept the Wolfpack off the scoreboard for the final 4:41 minutes of play.

Love led all scorers with 16 points for her 12th game scoring in double-figures this season. Nerea Hermosa followed with 13 points, while Cubaj finished with 12 points and 10 rebounds for her ninth double-double this season.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Looking for a silver lining from this I think Cubaj certainly outplayed Cunane. It was obvious from the outset that she was much more of a physical force than Cunane which will hopefully increase her value in the eyes of the WNBA scouts. Had we been able to hit some of the wide open threes this could have been a much different game.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Looking for a silver lining from this I think Cubaj certainly outplayed Cunane. It was obvious from the outset that she was much more of a physical force than Cunane which will hopefully increase her value in the eyes of the WNBA scouts. Had we been able to hit some of the wide open threes this could have been a much different game.
Did Bates not do much behind the arc? Last game she was on fire during the time I watched.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Did Bates not do much behind the arc? Last game she was on fire during the time I watched.
She didn't do much this game. If I remember correctly, she had a pretty severe ankle injury/surgery in the off-season and has not fully regained her consistency. So we don't really know what we are gonna get from game to game. When she is on, it's awesome. I think Strautmane being held to zero (0) was our biggest scoring void - she is normally good for 8 - 10 points and several 3-pointers.

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
She didn't do much this game. If I remember correctly, she had a pretty severe ankle injury/surgery in the off-season and has not fully regained her consistency. So we don't really know what we are gonna get from game to game. When she is on, it's awesome. I think Strautmane being held to zero (0) was our biggest scoring void - she is normally good for 8 - 10 points and several 3-pointers.
Like many 3point shooters she runs hot and cold. Tries to make up for the cold shooting nights with D. Hope she hits a hot streak with some of the remaining games and post season play.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Dang...missed this game. Seems I've had to miss out on a lot of GT men's and women's bball lately due to work obligations. This would have been a good matchup to watch. Fortner and her ladies have gotten me hooked this season.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
It was a very emotional game for NC State, as they raised over $325k for the Kay Yow Cancer Fund.
It was an emotional game for both teams. Tasha Butts is our Associate Head Coach and is fighting cancer. She’s involved with the Kay Yow fund, and spoke to the crowd at halftime. State presented her with a gorgeous trophy to honor her work with the fund and recognize her battle with cancer. Very few dry eyes in Reynolds Coliseum at halftime.

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
we are leaving town Sunday for a week. I have 4 GT WBB/ ND tickets For Thursday night. Does anyone need any? Note: WBB tickets are only $7. It may be better for the women if I eat the tickets and new ones are purchased.