LaBarrie gives his story ...

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
My ex used to tell me when I was trying to talk my way out of something: put your shovel down. I think Labarrie should follow that advice.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
This issue really pisses me off! All the corruption around college bb that is ignored and then to ruin a guy's life for 3 years for what is an obvious misdemeanor is absurd. Phuck the NCAA and the horse they rode in on!

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Deleted member 2897

The infraction would have probably stayed minor if LaBarrie had not lied to the NCAA. Once they knew he lied, his entire story was suspect. And, it made it almost impossible for GT to stand with him.

Yep. We're not Auburn or other schools that stick with coaches when they lie to us and don't cooperate with us when they've done something wrong. We're not a trashy school for a reason.

Deleted member 2897

I mean just think about that BS. Multiple YEARS to investigate someone enabling a meeting with a booster who paid for strippers at a strip club. Or maybe he gave the players the money. Or whatever. But YEARS to investigate down in the minutia? Give me a freaking break.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I agree that the infraction is relatively minor.
The problem is he lied to GT and the NCAA about it. The NCAA hates nothing more than lying to them because they have no subpeona power, so when they catch people lying they will generally come down really hard on them (an the organizations they work for)

The minute he lied to the NCAA he basically became unemployable to GT in order for GT to minimize any sanctions it might get from the incident.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I agree that the infraction is relatively minor.
The problem is he lied to GT and the NCAA about it. The NCAA hates nothing more than lying to them because they have no subpeona power, so when they catch people lying they will generally come down really hard on them (an the organizations they work for)

The minute he lied to the NCAA he basically became unemployable to GT in order for GT to minimize any sanctions it might get from the incident.

Does it mean anything in his favor that according to his side of the story, that he owned up to the lie a day later ?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Being taken to an ATL strip club illegally should be mandatory & allowed for GT OVs.

#404theCulture

I mean, it's like getting a meal at the Varsity.

Arrive at GT.
Check into hotel room with Sublime doughnuts waiting on you.
Go to Capital Grill for a nice steak dinner.
Go to Magic City/Cheetah.
Night cap at the Varsity.

Standard GT visit.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I feel for him in the fact that he has been operating under a defacto show cause order from the NCAA while the investigation was ongoing and will most likely be subject to a real show cause order for some time after this thing wraps up. Just makes the time it is taking for this to get adjudicated more frustrating - especially for him personally.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I mean, it's like getting a meal at the Varsity.

Arrive at GT.
Check into hotel room with Sublime doughnuts waiting on you.
Go to Capital Grill for a nice steak dinner.
Go to Magic City/Cheetah.
Night cap at the Varsity.

Standard GT visit.

No reason to hit The Varsity, as The Cheetah has excellent food.

Other than that, I agree.