Kyle Kennard

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Well well well. I just saw who cost South Carolina the game vs LSU pretty much with an unnecessary high hit on a QB after throwing a pick-6. None other than Kyle Kennard.

I always said he was a decent edge rusher but he has a horrible habit of reaching high, getting facemask penalties called on him on crucial plays of the game. Well. He showed out yet again.

New school. Same issues.

We could use him this year foreal though. Go Jackets

gtee91

Jolly Good Fellow
Bring him back.
This is now our life, turnstile where players come and go each year...grass is always greener so they will be in constant motion. The occasional player will love a program and stay but in general it is going to be fluid

AugustaSwarm

Ramblin' Wreck
Well well well. I just saw who cost South Carolina the game vs LSU pretty much with an unnecessary high hit on a QB after throwing a pick-6. None other than Kyle Kennard.

I always said he was a decent edge rusher but he has a horrible habit of reaching high, getting facemask penalties called on him on crucial plays of the game. Well. He showed out yet again.

New school. Same issues.

He also had a costly cowboy collar tackle on a would be sack early in the game.

He's ballin' out though. We sure could use him on our DL.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

New school. Same issues.

I think that call against Kennard was BS, the qb was running towards the intercepter and Kyle just shoved him in the chest

TampaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think that call against Kennard was BS, the qb was running towards the intercepter and Kyle just shoved him in the chest
I did not understand the call. The hit/block on the QB was after the interception/change of possession; several seconds after the pass was thrown. Why doesn't USC get to keep the ball? If they want to call a blindside block, fine; but don't call it roughing the passer...because the passer became a defender after the change of possession and is now trying to make a tackle. Is there a rules expert that can clarify?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
It didn't even look blindside to me. And the QB is a defender after a pick. Just seemed like a further softening of football call imo

Is that what it was? Or did the SEC need the higher profile team to win?

Disbelief Reaction GIF

Hey, we've seen SEC refs first hand. I now believe all conspiracy theories related to that league fixing games.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Is that what it was? Or did the SEC need the higher profile team to win?

Disbelief Reaction GIF

Hey, we've seen SEC refs first hand. I now believe all conspiracy theories related to that league fixing games.
Ya'll remember when Joe Anoai (Roman Reigns) destroyed Brandon Cox?

They would've given Joe a 4 game suspension these days.

kittysniper101

Jolly Good Fellow
I did not understand the call. The hit/block on the QB was after the interception/change of possession; several seconds after the pass was thrown. Why doesn't USC get to keep the ball? If they want to call a blindside block, fine; but don't call it roughing the passer...because the passer became a defender after the change of possession and is now trying to make a tackle. Is there a rules expert that can clarify?
SC kept the ball, the pick stood. Penalty was enforced and SC didn't get the pick 6 and ended up not scoring on the drive.