Kurdistan

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
I've been away for a while, but come back and check in on the Ukraine thread from time to time.

Now I ask that you guys please send out well wishes and please keep up with what is happening to the Kurds. Iran's government is attempting to use them as scapegoats for their country's unrest.
Turkey is taking advantage of everyone's attention elsewhere to do exactly what Russia is doing to Ukraine, except they are doing it to the Kurds. Specifically they are annexing large swatches of land in Syria that is held by the same Kurds who defeated ISIS. They are killing and deporting Kurds from those towns and replacing them with Syrian refugees.
Both Turkey and Iran are bombing Kurdish positions and towns in both Syria and Iraq. My home town of Sulaymaniyah may be next on the list of targets for Turkey.

Please don't let the Kurds by forgotten again. Thank you.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I've been away for a while, but come back and check in on the Ukraine thread from time to time.

Now I ask that you guys please send out well wishes and please keep up with what is happening to the Kurds. Iran's government is attempting to use them as scapegoats for their country's unrest.
Turkey is taking advantage of everyone's attention elsewhere to do exactly what Russia is doing to Ukraine, except they are doing it to the Kurds. Specifically they are annexing large swatches of land in Syria that is held by the same Kurds who defeated ISIS. They are killing and deporting Kurds from those towns and replacing them with Syrian refugees.
Both Turkey and Iran are bombing Kurdish positions and towns in both Syria and Iraq. My home town of Sulaymaniyah may be next on the list of targets for Turkey.

Please don't let the Kurds by forgotten again. Thank you.
The Kurds have certainly done enough in fighting the bad guys in that region and deserve to be left alone. I also hope that there aren't any troublemakers in and amongst the Kurds that end of destabilizing the region. They deserve as much of our help, proportionally speaking, than that tee-short wearing opportunist in eastern Europe.

Doesn't the US still have troops in northern Iraq trying to stomp any remaining ISIS cockroaches that emerge from the sewers in that region?

GT33

Helluva Engineer
The Kurds have certainly done enough in fighting the bad guys in that region and deserve to be left alone. I also hope that there aren't any troublemakers in and amongst the Kurds that end of destabilizing the region. They deserve as much of our help, proportionally speaking, than that tee-short wearing opportunist in eastern Europe.

Doesn't the US still have troops in northern Iraq trying to stomp any remaining ISIS cockroaches that emerge from the sewers in that region?
We have around 1k troops in NE Syria I believe. They're supporting the SDF, YPG, etc. Not sure if we have anyone in Northern Iraq.