Kudos to the coaching staff

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
2016 was the best coaching job from Spring to New Year ’s Eve of the last 9 years. Football is a line of scrimmage game. To win 8 FBS games while being overmatched at the line of scrimmage in most of them is virtually a miracle.

The coaches on both sides of the line of scrimmage did a good job. I am glad that Ted Roof is the DC, and that folks on this board are not the DC. We had 4 new starters at DB--positions where experience counts, and experience playing together counts. If we had been more aggressive on D as many here advocated, it would have been a disaster. The DBs got better as the year went along—credit coaching—and as they did, the D became more aggressive.

Like many, I was critical of the LBs, but in fairness, when the DL is not protecting the LBs, they will be marginalized. Recruiting on the DL has to improve to take the next step. More OL depth is also needed.

A really good job by the staff in 2016. The area for improvement is between now and the first Wednesday in February. Let’s see how they do.

PS: Candeto has big shoes to fill.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
2016 was the best coaching job from Spring to New Year ’s Eve of the last 9 years. Football is a line of scrimmage game. To win 8 FBS games while being overmatched at the line of scrimmage in most of them is virtually a miracle.

The coaches on both sides of the line of scrimmage did a good job. I am glad that Ted Roof is the DC, and that folks on this board are not the DC. We had 4 new starters at DB--positions where experience counts, and experience playing together counts. If we had been more aggressive on D as many here advocated, it would have been a disaster. The DBs got better as the year went along—credit coaching—and as they did, the D became more aggressive.

Like many, I was critical of the LBs, but in fairness, when the DL is not protecting the LBs, they will be marginalized. Recruiting on the DL has to improve to take the next step. More OL depth is also needed.

A really good job by the staff in 2016. The area for improvement is between now and the first Wednesday in February. Let’s see how they do.

PS: Candeto has big shoes to fill.
You mentioned new starters at the DB spot but for the most part that wasn't the issue, it was the Front 7 and they were very experience and had been together for a while like you said the D needs. And the D didn't get more aggressive because the DB's got better, they got better because CPJ said they were going get more aggressive, so they got more aggressive because the coach said to, which happened the very next week of him saying that. I will agree the coaching was very good on the year though. Although I don't fee that way about every coach. I will say roof got better a play calling but idk if that's because of him or because CPJ said get more aggressive.

You mentioned new starters at the DB spot but for the most part that wasn't the issue, it was the Front 7 and they were very experience and had been together for a while like you said the D needs. And the D didn't get more aggressive because the DB's got better, they got better because CPJ said they were going get more aggressive, so they got more aggressive because the coach said to, which happened the very next week of him saying that. I will agree the coaching was very good on the year though. Although I don't fee that way about every coach. I will say roof got better a play calling but idk if that's because of him or because CPJ said get more aggressive.
You must eat a lot of sour grapes? Are you a ugag fan or vt guy because you like craping in peoples scrambled eggs. I'm sure I'm not alone when I ask this, but what in the world are you waiting for to call PJ and tell him and Stansbury how much better u are at being a DC than anyone on the current staff. I mean dang you have all the answers right? Unfreakingbelievable.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
You must eat a lot of sour grapes? Are you a ugag fan or vt guy because you like craping in peoples scrambled eggs. I'm sure I'm not alone when I ask this, but what in the world are you waiting for to call PJ and tell him and Stansbury how much better u are at being a DC than anyone on the current staff. I mean dang you have all the answers right? Unfreakingbelievable.
It's ok that someone disagree with you. I never said one thing bad about roof I simply said how I saw things, go back and read my comment. I even said The play calling got better on d by roof but I wasn't sure if it was him or because CPJ said get more aggressive. Wasn't sure means wasn't sure it doesn't mean I was bashing roof and that it wasn't because of him I just don't know and guess what, neither do you. I honestly have no clue why you just went off on a rant over my OPINION is it because it doesn't agree with yours? Once again at no time did I bash or talk junk I simply said what I felt. If you wanna talk about the subject at hand I'm fine, that means talk about why my opinion doesn't makes sense, if you can do so and if you talk about your OPINION I won't go off or get mad at you like you just did with me. I still don't get how you also completely ignored that fact that I said the coaching was good overall, did you even read that?