KSU game

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

GT_EE78

Banned
First game I was able to make it to this year and the guys looked impressive. I think Pastner has something cooking with Alvarado, Devoe, Moore, and Banks. They are starting to really trust each other.
agree/ so all we gots to do is get the rest of the acc to play 4on4 and we gotta chance

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
if it is possible to be unimpressed by a 30 point win, I was.

That was a team that has only one win so far against D1 competition. What drove me nuts were the unforced turnovers. Moses dribbles it off his foot out of bounds. A lazy pass into Banks is tipped and intercepted. Banks is holding the ball out high and their guard comes from behind and literally picks his pocket to go the length of the court for an easy layup. Some guys who have looked lost against better teams looked great today (Moses, Alston, AD, even Philips showed life) but I am not at all convinced that means they can play that way in ACC games.

Certainly, beating a lousy team by 30 is better than losing or playing them close, but the win over Florida A&M didn't mean anything, and I don't think this one does either.

Deleted member 2897

First game I was able to make it to this year and the guys looked impressive. I think Pastner has something cooking with Alvarado, Devoe, Moore, and Banks. They are starting to really trust each other.

I was wondering the same thing - is he figuring out “the lineup”. We hVe almost a completely new team, so it’s going to take some time for them to gel. Of the 4 you named, only 1 was here last year, and even he missed the end of the season due to injury.

We will get there.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Alvarado had a strong start today to set the tone for the game, which was nice to see after his poor game last time out and how down he was about it afterwards. The kid is a winner. Then after a little lull, the rest of the team came on strong and I thought we put together a very solid first half on offense and defense. The second half wasn't nearly as impressive. We only beat them 38-34 in the second half after being up 49-23 at half. I was hoping we could really keep our foot down and score 100. In the team's defense, Pastner played around with several line ups and went deep into the bench in the second half, and we still managed to play pretty consistently, although not as well as the first half.

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
if it is possible to be unimpressed by a 30 point win, I was.

That was a team that has only one win so far against D1 competition. What drove me nuts were the unforced turnovers. Moses dribbles it off his foot out of bounds. A lazy pass into Banks is tipped and intercepted. Banks is holding the ball out high and their guard comes from behind and literally picks his pocket to go the length of the court for an easy layup. Some guys who have looked lost against better teams looked great today (Moses, Alston, AD, even Philips showed life) but I am not at all convinced that means they can play that way in ACC games.

Certainly, beating a lousy team by 30 is better than losing or playing them close, but the win over Florida A&M didn't mean anything, and I don't think this one does either.

You are right that we had a number of frustrating early turnovers, and KSU certainly did look lousy against us today, but they only lost by 4 in overtime to Gardner Webb. Who beat Tech two games ago. Basketball can take strange twists and turns.

BTW, crowd was better than I expected all things considered.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
I actually thought Wright had a nice game except for the time he tried to dribble behind his back and lost the ball out of bounds. If he would play within himself, he could be a major contributor.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
You are right that we had a number of frustrating early turnovers, and KSU certainly did look lousy against us today, but they only lost by 4 in overtime to Gardner Webb. Who beat Tech two games ago. Basketball can take strange twists and turns.

BTW, crowd was better than I expected all things considered.
They also lost by 33 to UGa. So, I dunno......

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
A tune up game that was what it should have been.

Best thing, beside the win, was that it was not a squeaker and all the school players got some game action.

Jazzchaz

Jolly Good Fellow
I enjoyed watching Cole hand the ball to Gueye and then receiving it back for a layup and for a dunk.... also Gueye receiving the ball from Cole for a dunk. It will be a nice surprise if those two continue to play well together.

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
I actually thought Wright had a nice game except for the time he tried to dribble behind his back and lost the ball out of bounds. If he would play within himself, he could be a major contributor.
He can rebound and play some defense. He should never shoot from more than 3 inches from the goal.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer

That’s what drives me crazy with him. As a defender and rebounder and occasional scorer underneath, he can contribute. When he dribbles, passes, or shoots from beyond about 5 feet, I cringe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk